Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle Stability Assist ...

During the past 2 weeks the VSA Activation (OFF) Indicator icon in the instrument panel has remained on after engine start-up during 3 seperate random occassions ... :eek:.

After I remembered what the icon ment I pushed the VSA switch located above the brake release and the icon went out.
I don't believe I touched the VSA switch during vehicle entry or start-up.

Page 206 of the Owner's Manual states ... "VSA is turned on every time you start the engine, even if you turned it off the last time you drove the vehicle".
This indicates that every time you start-up this icon should go out.

I have no other VSA related icons on or flashing during this process as suggested on Page 64 (Item #2 & #3) ... :confused:.

Has anyone encountered this condition or do I have the intermitent gremlins at work in my RL ... ?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have inadvertenly turned the VSA off with my knee a couple of times when I am reaching for something in the back. I have also turned the cargo lights on and turned the cruise control off. It doesn't take much of a push to activate the buttons.

I had an '03 Accord EX-V6 before this and the traction control light came on a couple of times. After a restart of the engine, the light was out.

Remember, you are basically driving a computer with wheels. Sometimes they misbehave. If it becomes a more common occurence, or stays on, then I would be worried. That is just me though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
could you have hit the button as you were releasing the parking brake. my wife did this the first time she drove the truck.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't believe I accidentally touched the VSA switch.
I don't release the parking brake until after the engine is started.
The VSA indicator has stayed on after engine start and before parking break release.

Since this condition has been intermittent I will need to try and stay vigil on any possible symptoms or causes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Seems like somewhere I read that low tire pressure has some effect on the VSA system, this may have nothing to do with what your talking about but I had to say it :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's Dead Jim With apologies to Trekkers, I always wanted to say that. Seriously though, I'd take it in to the dealer as soon as possible. Starting the vehicle should have reset the VSA regardless of whether you hit the switch with your knee.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Honda Svc Dept has inspected the system an found nothing wrong.
Figures ... typical of gremlins ... :confused:.

I will monitor the system to see if the problem occurs again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had my RTL 2 weeks and noticed the VSA gremlin for the first time yesterday and once today. Restarting seemed to reset things. I bet if I take it in they'll it is fime too.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Despite me earlier comment.........this just happened to me too. :( I was doing some light, but fast off roading, and noticed the lights came on. I stopped, turned off the engine and then restarted it. Everything is fine now. I am just chalking it up to a temporary glitch in the computer for now.

I guess you could say I Ctrl-Alt-Delete'ed my Ridgeline. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts