Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was running amp wiring from the head unit to the rear area and after that the VSA and ! are on constantly. I've checked every fuse multiple times. Everything else works... What I have found odd is that VTM-4 turns on on the switch but the VTM-4 light on the cluster does not.

I know there are eye rolls on another VSA question but trust me, I've spent a LOT of time researching and testing.

I'm hopeful there's someone that sees this and says I KNOW WHAT IT IS!!

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts
First question, was the battery disconnected while running amp wiring/connecting?

Reactions: speedlever

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can't say 100% because it's been awhile. I wasn't running anything new, just re-routing RCAs. I had the console out which now has we wondering about the yaw sensor. The light has been on since that day. I lived with the light on for quite awhile. I was nieve and thought the VSA was only the steering assist and not a component affecting other aspects of performance.

I have spent a lot of time troubleshooting the past few days while waiting for an appointment for the mechanic to scan for codes. I've gone through a lot of the VSA testing steps in the shop manual. I've verified voltage and continuity at the 46p connector, cleaned and reconnected ground points, verified voltage at the VSA Off switch, looked at every fuse a minimum of 6 times, both underhood and below dash.

There are 3 main options left according to the manual... The VSA module, the steering sensor or the yaw sensor.

Knowing I had the console out and that's the location of the yaw sensor, it has me leaning this way.

I really expected to find a problem with voltage or short at the off switch or module since this happened at the time I was under the dash.

When there's a statement "the yaw sensor is sensitive", that leaves a lot of questions... Sensitive as in don't bump it or closer to don't drop it on the ground? Considering the likely condition I was in at that time, I wouldnt have removed it but I bet I wasn't thinking there was a sensor to worry about...

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts
Well lots of stereo head units have been replaced and I don't recall anyone posting that they damaged or accidentally disconnected the yaw sensor. Guess anything is possible. I'll be interested if the code reader finds anything.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well lots of stereo head units have been replaced and I don't recall anyone posting that they damaged or accidentally disconnected the yaw sensor. Guess anything is possible. I'll be interested if the code reader finds anything.

Keep us posted.
I was running cables from the amps under the rear seats to the front along with other projects and had the center console out. I'm not good enough to hit that sensor changing a h/u.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts