Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading another thread discussing an options wish list and those not used. I sat behind the wheel to figure out which buttons I haven't pushed.

Why is there a VSA Off button? Any body know under what conditions or driving situation you would want to turn this off?

·
Registered
164 Posts
VSA and some of the other electronic driver aids will actually help get you stuck in deep snow, mud or ice.

You need momentum to get out of these type of situations. Whth VSA "On" and applying the brakes every time it senses wheel spin you are sure to get stuck in any of the above.

VSA is a very clever system and for sure handy in normal situations......but......when it get deep or ugly you will for sure want it turned of and VTM locked on.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Ridge said:
Turn VSA off if you need to turn VTM-4 lock on.
Good to know. I'm wondering why the VTM-4 on wouldn't be set up to kick the VSA off automatically if they are incompatible. What would happen if you don't remember to push VSA off in VTM-4?

·
Registered
996 Posts
I watched Gary Flint (chief engineer for the RL) climb a 28 degree grade. he accidently killed it by hitting the cruise control switch by the VSA switch. He backed down the hill. He turned VSA off and turned VTM-4 lock on. He climbed the hill easily after that. I think he wanted to try to demonstrate half way up this loose surface grade that the VSA would bind up and he would just turn it off, but stalled it by accidently hitting the cruise switch. There may be times when you could use VSA with VTM-4 lock, but I think I'll just follow Gary's example.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts