Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have finally had rain in our area. Yesterday as I came up on a muddy area in a field I failed to disengage the VSA. I made it through the mud with a lot of noise in the back end. The next mud area I didengaged the VSA and my Ridgeline went through the mud in fine shape.

So far I have been through some pretty muddy areas where I work and my Ridgeline does a great job.

23 days and 3529 miles later my Ridgeline just get's more enjoyable each day.

Tiger

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Tiger said:
23 days and 3529 miles later my Ridgeline just get's more enjoyable each day.
I'll second that :) This truck is just plain fun to drive.

I played with the VSA in snow during a test drive of the dealer's demo truck. It was wierd to stomp the gas and have the truck make all those crazy noises, and just keep moving without wheelspin.

·
Registered
167 Posts
What does the noise sound like? I could have sworn the other day that I heard the tires chirp as I "tested" the RL's grip and acceleration on a steep freeway on-ramp but then with VSA on, the tires shouldn't chirp--maybe it was the VSA I was hearing?

·
Registered
362 Posts
How is the truck to drive in the snow? Does it feel sluggish or blast through without a problem? And also braking, does it slide a lot in the snow when braking?

Have not heard the glorius clunk yet but im sure I will in time. Good to know its a normal clunk though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It snowed a couple days after I bought mine. I thought it handle the slippery stuff very well. While in an open parking lot I stomped the gas and slammed the breaks - no appreciable sliding either test.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I went out into a big grassy/muddy field just to play and have to agree the VSA makes it incredibly difficult to spin the wheels.

So to enhance the fun factor I shut it off. I could spin left then right, I left a 40' drag strip burn off. It was fun :D

Next I figured I would see what the VTM-4 felt like so down into 1st she went and that was almost as much fun as no VSA. I wasn't spinning but I was doing 25 mph in some pretty nasty stuff and I felt like nothing could have stopped me.

As a side note it took me 45 minutes with a pressure washer to get all of the mud and grass off of the under side of the RL, it turns out the running board braces are like a Mach 5 razor they shave everything as you drive by.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Wow .. sounds like fun. I'll have to wait 6+ months now to play in the snow. Dosent the VTM-4 dis-engage at 8mph or 18mph? I thought I read that somewhere but I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

At any rate I would have loved to see video of that !! :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
They claim you shouldn't go above 18 mph but mine never shut-off or at least the Orange light never went off.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
nwdiver said:
What does the noise sound like?
Have you had a car with ABS before? It's the same sound, kind of a stacatto groaning sound. The more you mash the gas, the more noise it makes. Give it a try in some mud.

·
Registered
578 Posts
bellteck said:
Wow .. sounds like fun. I'll have to wait 6+ months now to play in the snow. Dosent the VTM-4 dis-engage at 8mph or 18mph? I thought I read that somewhere but I could be wrong. :rolleyes:

At any rate I would have loved to see video of that !! :D
VTM-4 is always there, the lock is what disengages.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts