Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are many threads on the forum about these lights being stick on (with or without CEL )
Recently (last 2 weeks) the above 4 lights came on intermittently.

As Skeeter7424 opined in post451593
The lights generally clear for me after 2 cold starts (ie it's on in the morning. I drive to work, it's still on after work, I drive home, it's off the next morning)

Typically comes on after wet weather
Comes on right when I start the car before I even move. Not while driving.
No CEL
No codes (from my very cheap code reader)
VSA switch (functions normally when lights are not lit, does not function lights are lit )
VTM-4 indicator switch light is off (does not function when lights are lit, functions normally when lights are not lit)

Now here is the thing that I have not seen in any other post. When the lights have lit I notice that when I lock the car with the key fob that I will not get a horn beep from the second push of the lock. What explains that odd behavior? So now, when the lights have lit I'm in the habit of double clicking the fob (and yes the locks are actuating on each depression, I can hear them click). When I approach the car after a cold sit I double click. If the horn beeps I'll find that the lights are not lit. If the horn does not beep I'll find that the lights are still lit.

Speedlever in post2154401 provided a chart of how these lights interact with various problems. Unfortunately the chart does not include the horn as an error indicator.

When the lights are on I do not have ABS function or traction control. I've verified this on wet surface being able to lock the wheels up with hard braking and by spinning the rear wheels with an aggressive acceleration. Those functions return to working order when the lights are out.

Looking for suggestions on how to proceed in locating the root cause without wasting a lot of time and $.
A dealer is over 1/2 hour away so I don't frequent them often.
I've got a local shop that is very good and VERY trustworthy but, especially as it is not (yet) a hard failure, I worry that they may not have all the diagnostic tools necessary to find the problem efficiently. As Skeeter7424pointed out it tales a good code reader or Honda computer to show VSA codes.

2008 RTL w/o Nav
110k miles
New Short block @ 78k
Oil Change pending (B125)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same issue. Even down to the no horn after second lock. Please let me know if you have found a solution!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car just did the exact same thing.
Also ABS code 15. Bus failure.
Did you have to replace the whole abs module or a wheel sensor? What was your fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found another post. Code 15 is a short on the right rear wheel sensor. Will test that and replace.
Still interested in what you found.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts