Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just dropped my 2006 off at the dealer late Sat- 56,000 mi. This is the 2nd occurance, and don't see any previous posts ( not going to search all 108).
All the lights came on, the Brake (parking) and ABS warning lights would go on and off. The VSA warning (exclamation point) would also go on and off, but the VSA, VTM, and TMPS warning lights stayed on steady. Both times were in the desert, above 90 degrees, only the last time was there any off road use. I tried shutting it down (re-boot), stopping for lunch, this would not fix the problem. Only after several hours would it re-set. There was about 6 weeks between the two incidents.
I also have a 2" inch lift that has been installed since Feb, so I don't think this has anything to do with it...?

Anyone seen this before?

I hope the extended warranty covers it. I will report back after the dealer calls on Tue or Wed.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I had a similar episode. If you go back to "Problems and Issues" on 7-15-09 you will find my thread "VSA Indicators" and perhaps this will lead you to other threads similar to yours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took it to the dealer, report was codes B1150 and B1170 - Temporary loss of communication between Moduleflash system. Inspected both connectors after reflashed. All OK, Road tested. So I picked up the R/L on Wed. Yesterday afternoon after 112 miles in 95 degree heat, all the lights returned. Looking at other posts, I think it may relate to a bad TPMS sensor, as I did have a sidewall leak on a mountaintop logging road last year, and had to squirt in some goop to get back down the hill. The TPMS sensor only recently came on, just prior to all the other lights. I will be taking truck back in to get a new sensor, then time to replace tires OEM w/ 59k.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanted to follow up on the issue. The TPMS warning light was an easy fix. I had a slight sidewall punture and it required some goop to get me home, so basically a replaced tire and sensor put that issue to bed. The other warning lights continued to come on, although unable to recreate the symptoms when dropping the vehicle off (4 times), kept getting the same report, loss of communications reset ports etc. The dealer told me the next time the lights came on to bring it in so they could read it in real time, which I did. Indications were a failing GCM- Gauge Control Module. They indicated they would order the part and call me, continue to drive the vehicle there should be no impact... 5 weeks 3400 miles, 2 phone calls and two emails later I called again. By this time the lights were constantly on, all the systems were inoperable, no stability control-VSM, no 4wd- VTM, no ABS, I shredded my front tires trying to get to a customer site I had been to several times before with ease, needless to say it was kind of scary to drive! I am in a dealer provided rental, and GCM module is to be delivered tomorrow. Just hope there is no hidden issues being allowed to drive this so long with the malfunctioning systems. I am also hoping to get some compensation for the tires that were damaged.
Wish me luck

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good Luck ! Sounds like your service department may not be quite all they should be. Hope it works out in your favor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far so good, put on 280 miles this morning, climbed a hill, slammed on the brakes on a deserted desert road, no warning lights no malfunctions...
Looks like the GCM module was the culprit.
Approx $970.00 all covered under the extended warranty...

·
Registered
36 Posts
My sons 2006 has this problem. I will contact the dealer and see what the dollar damage will be. The vehicle has 76K on it.

This thread saved me a lot of time. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I would have thought everyone would chirp in and say "check your Battery", since if it's about to die, you will get funny things happening with the electrical, but I guess this is not the case...:act064:

·
Registered
36 Posts
You were right. My son had replaced the battery cable to the fuse box. He spliced it (aftermarket). Teh Tech at Stockton Honda found it and fixed it.

Everything works great.

They charged me a diagnostic fee of $110 less a 20% coupon.

I am a happy camper.:act024:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts