Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a Horizon NavMate navigation system in my Ridgeline, and I need to know the location (and wire color) of the VSS wire and backup light wire to complete the installation. Can anyone help? The system works pretty good in "portable" mode, but will be much more accurate with these connections made.
Thanks

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
The backup light circuit is the green wire off of the under-dash fuse relay box.

I have no idea what VSS is.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I believe the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) has something to do with the odometer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You should be able to locate the VSS wire behind the pass. side headlight at the powertrain control module. The wire should be blue with a white trace located in connector A pin #25. Be extremely careful when testing this wire because you must drive your Ridge to test it properly. Please let us know how everything works out. Have fun!

·
Registered
33 Posts
12VoltRidgeline said:
You should be able to locate the VSS wire behind the pass. side headlight at the powertrain control module. The wire should be blue with a white trace located in connector A pin #25. Be extremely careful when testing this wire because you must drive your Ridge to test it properly. Please let us know how everything works out. Have fun!
Does anyone have any pics of the connection or atleast of the wire ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry, that wire doesn't work and nobody know which wire it is. My Navi is sitting on the center console until i find out which wire it is.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I actually gave up on VSS.. nav isn't quite as accurate as it was in my last car, but it still gets me where i need to go.

I didn't hook up the reverse wire either, although i ran the lead over to the driver's side kick panel.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I found an old message I sent to another ROC member long time ago.

==========================================
Here are the colors:

Grey/Red = sends right-rear wheel speed
Grey/Yellow = sends left-rear wheel speed
White/Red = sends left-front wheel speed
Light Green = sends right-front wheel speed

These wires are behind the passenger kick panel. just below the VTM-4 (the computer box thing that looks like an ECU). I used the White/Red wire I believe....had to because I accidentally cut it by mistake trying to take the tape off of the wire loom. Luckily it ended up to be one of the 4 wires I needed. Any one of the wires listed above is good. It sure beats trying to get at the wire in the engine compartment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts