Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed after doing the foglight mod that now all of a sudden that the VTM-4 and Battery Light come on about a minutes after i start the truck and drive a little bit. Sometimes the Battery Light comes on and a mile or two later the VTM-4 light will come on. I have searched the forums and cant seem to find anything on this type of problem. I guess its time to call the dealer tomorrow am and take it in only 5100 miles on the truck now.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I noticed after doing the foglight mod that now all of a sudden that the VTM-4 and Battery Light come on about a minutes after i start the truck and drive a little bit. Sometimes the Battery Light comes on and a mile or two later the VTM-4 light will come on. I have searched the forums and cant seem to find anything on this type of problem. I guess its time to call the dealer tomorrow am and take it in only 5100 miles on the truck now.
What was the problem? Just curious.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What was the problem? Just curious.
In the Foglight mod when you have to cut the 2 wires and piggy back them on to the single wire. I went to cut the single wire and accidentally cut the 2nd wire coming out of the fusebox. So i had to remove the female connector out of the fusebox and resolder it. A royal pain in the but. It was just a matter of thinking what i did before this problem happened and resolving it.

·
Registered
959 Posts
In the Foglight mod when you have to cut the 2 wires and piggy back them on to the single wire. I went to cut the single wire and accidentally cut the 2nd wire coming out of the fusebox. So i had to remove the female connector out of the fusebox and resolder it. A royal pain in the but. It was just a matter of thinking what i did before this problem happened and resolving it.
Cool, glad you got everything fixed.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it would have been pretty sad to take it to the dealer and have them find out what happened and slap me with a pretty bill. Since i know that wouldnt be covered under warranty..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would a blown fuse show the same symptoms? My 2008, with 190000 miles started this today. There was a 'bump'. I thought it was something sliding in the bed, but then the vtm-4 light and the battery light came on. Stayed on the whole way home. When I stopped at stop signs, the ABS light and the Hazard indicator (in the dash) came on. Those go off when I pull out from the stop but the VTM-4 and Battery light stay on. Is this a blown fuse? Or is it a $2000 transmission problem? 😕

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
4,024 Posts
Welcome to ROC and thanks for reviving a 11yr old thread :)
This is a very common problem that is a tell tale sign of a failing battery and/or alternator. Start with the battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to ROC and thanks for reviving a 11yr old thread :)
This is a very common problem that is a tell tale sign of a failing battery and/or alternator. Start with the battery.
Well, the battery was dead, but took a charge. My battery charger shows 'bad battery' if it won't take a charge... so looks like it's the alternator. I'm taking it to AutoZone this morning to have it tested. Thanks again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts