Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for clarity, is the VTM the same as the 'transmission'? Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question, just trying to clear that up.

I was recently driving on a winter night over a stretch of damaged freeway when my dash VTM-4 light came on and remained on until I stopped and shut off the engine. About that same time, there was a brief led flash near my VTM button toward the upper right on my dash. My Ridgeline has 47k miles on it and everything has been serviced at my local Honda dealer and this has happened twice now, both times on the freeway and both times over rough pothole type road. I think that I want them to check and service the VTM and wondered if that is indeed, the transmission. Thanks for any pointers. :)

·
Registered
998 Posts
G1 or 2? In my 2010 VTM-4 light flashes when the systems turns on
Because it's going in and out of AWD when climbing a snow covered hill. My light has never stayed on. Could be one of the sensors in three rear diff. Mine has 75k on it and I have changed rear diff and all other fluids twice now. Maybe too much, but peace of mind and No problems is always good

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,262 Posts
The Transmission is directly connected to the Engine and distributes power to the Front Wheels and Rear Wheels, (Somewhere within this, front area is a "Transfer Unit", but I'm uncertain it's relationship) where the VTM-4 unit resides (Similar to a Rear Diff), and it receives it's power through the Propeller Shaft (Rear Drive Shaft) and the clutches within the VTM, have been known to "Slip" on slippery surfaces which will cause the light to blink. By approximately 18mph it is completely open and there by a FWD vehicle.

VTM (Variable Torque Management)

Attachments

Reactions: McChizzle
1 - 4 of 4 Posts