Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have an 07 RTL with 148000 miles on it.

Over the past week or so, when I start it in the morning it seems a bit sluggish. Shortly after I begin to drive the VTM-4 light comes on. If I turn the vehicle off and startup again it goes away for a short period of time before reappearing.

Any suggestions? I have been reading and some people are saying it may be related to the O2 sensor?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Al

·
Registered
23 Posts
Was your check engine light on also. Your VTM light will come on when the check engine light comes on. That does not mean there is a problem with the VTM. You have to find out what code is being displayed.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,076 Posts
As Dnick said, ensure your fluid is fresh and properly filled. How has your maintenance on the fluid been? If it's a repeatable issue, I'd take it into a dealer and have the code read. It could be something as simple as a sensor or faulty ground. It's worth the money for the diagnostic check instead of just taking a stab in the dark at the true issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Long shot but, When my light stayed on it was a voltage issue. Had my battery tested, it tested bad. Replaced battery so far so good.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just dealt with the issue last week on my 2006 RTS with 185,000 miles.

My truck acting as you described, sluggish--even stalling at times. Consuming gas at twice the normal rate.

I brought in to a mechanic who changed the plugs and reset codes. A day later light comes on again. I read on the forums here that the valves may need adjustment---the mechanic then looks it up and says it will cost me around $500 to do. I was sapped for cash because I just spent $3500 having my transmission rebuilt.

I waited a month but finally brought in Last eek. Mechanic said that 2-3 ignition coils were bad and the rest were about to go---so I had him replace them all--and then adjust valves...

My truck now runs great--BUT it cost me another $1000. I do hope this is the last issue for a while! I am trying to get at least another 2-3 years without a truck payment...

Sorry to bring the and news...

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Having to replace ignition coils is not something that comes up often, but shouldn't be too unexpected after 10 years on a vehicle. At least they are easy to fix....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts