Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everett to Vancouver

E-s not in stock anywhere. Only one coming in. No deals. Put your name on one for MSRP maybe or get jerked on your trade. One one place is doing a real deal and they can't get them. There's no point on $1K below if they give you $1K less for your trade.

BEs available

Everthing else is do able.

Rairdon in Sumner is a Costco/TrueCar and will do $2700 below MSRP without putting on gloves. Decent trade prices but beware they do add stuff on some of the cars. Up to $3000 worth of double priced add ons. $1500 for 3M??? $700 for 2 wire GPS tracking (that can be removed) $700 step up bars etc. So get or order a plain one. You can read about my experience under a different thread "6 dealers and still no E..."

The $1K under MSRP club: Vancouver, Everett & Longview.

Best deal Sumner.

Use Costco or TrueCar and forget everyone else but either way now is not the time for an E because none are in stock. Some are more than 4 weeks out. Even some of those dealers are not doing deals like Bremerton and I think Tacoma. Tacoma is my go to and they "can't" help me" is the polite way of saying it. Bremerton is taking orders at MSRP.

Well that's my experience. I've talked to 8 dealers now. Your experience may vary especially in 3-4 weeks and maybe not. In 2 months hopefully things will have changed.

If your looking for a T or lower or a BE you could maybe get a deal since they are way more common. The best thing to do is watch the dealers in your area and see how quickly inventory changes. When a cars starts sitting for a week or two, they'll be more open. Skip the BS and get right to the point and reference other dealers deals. Also hold them to KBB trade in values. That system is already set up in their favor. You should get $2000 or more off MSRP and at least "good condition value for your trade at a minimum. AT A MINIMUM or your just giving them money for nothing. Unless your car is going Tango Uniform and you need transportation there is no reason to buy now other than emotion. The aftermarket has not caught up and everyday that goes by Honda gets more info on small issues that they will fix in production. The rest will have to find the TSBs. I generally have a rule of not buying the first model year for that reason.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Does not surprise me. Lots of folks want loaded but not everyone wants black. I am glad I have money down on an E due next week. Mostly MSRP but no destination charge and no add-ons except free splash guards. They "say" they will give me book for the trade but I plan to see what CarMax will do before I go in to pick mine up. That will give me an option and some leverage.

The fact that they have only one unsold on the lot and that is a lower trim level also bears out what you are saying.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Unless your car is going Tango Uniform and you need transportation there is no reason to buy now other than emotion. The aftermarket has not caught up and everyday that goes by Honda gets more info on small issues that they will fix in production. The rest will have to find the TSBs. I generally have a rule of not buying the first model year for that reason.
Wait, I am confused. Are you doing all this legwork because you want to buy an RL or are you just on a fact finding mission? Because this statement completely contradicts your situation.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Wait, I am confused. Are you doing all this legwork because you want to buy an RL or are you just on a fact finding mission? Because this statement completely contradicts your situation.
I had the same thought.....

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going to get one but only if it was a deal. Had a deal for $2700 below and what I could almost accept as a trade in value. Then they told me they couldn't get one in. All spoken for. Not many Es are arriving. You can get the lower trims with no issues. I am screwed though. Missed by my chance by a few hours and I'm not argue with the rest of the dealers and I think the one best chance I had is done with me after I wouldn't go for a lower trim level they had in stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts