Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did it. Traded in my Exploder for a Red Ridge with Nav, and some goodies. The dealer is getting it trucked in from South Fla and will add the goodies. I hope to be trucking on Friday but may have to wait until Monday. He gave me a loaded Pilot with 88 miles on it to get me by until then. Nice vehicle, but no match for the Ridge. Got to find my camera and show you guys my baby. I do wish to thank all the members for their honest feedback. I feel like a kid again on Christmas eve. (and I got a great deal)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a little tough to figure out because I don't know the installation cost of the accessories I got (fender flares, day/nite rear view mirror, brush guard bumper, window visors, and front bug screen, but I would estimate about $1000. Included was almost $2000 more for my trade-in than I expected. Coggin Honda in Orlando - so far so good. Let's see when my truck is delivered.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
You did great, RidgeDog. Don't let anybody here tell you otherwise ;)

Pricing on this vehicle is all over the map. You have to cut the best deal you can at the time because the situation varies weekly. In my local area, there were five in stock at two dealers nearby. All that's left this week are demo units which are not for sale. Buyers are now on callback lists when new stock comes in.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hope you drive your new "rig" in good health. I got an OK deal over here in Bradenton, but yours sounds better. we are all happy to have a new Ridgeline in the family.
Jules

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for your comments. I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling yet. My dealer has not found the vehicle yet so I don't know how long I will be waiting. Meanwhile, I am enjoying the new Pilot. It is quick as a bunny and light on it's feet. I don't miss my Exploder Limited (V8). They also warned me they may not have all the accessories I want right away. Maybe they are just prepping me for some more bad news.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My saga comes to an end - I got the Red with Navi sitting in my garage but not without a lot of effort. My dealer called last nite and said he could not find a red with Navi in 7 states. We agreed to cancel the contract and I picked up my Exploder this AM. Meanwhile, a dealer in Lakeland (40 mi away) had emailed and called that he would be happy to sell me one. Short version is that I got it for $1100 less than the first dealer. The key was showing him the printed catalogue from http://handa-accessories.com/ridgeline.html. He fell all over hinself to sell me my goodies for less and threw in installation. I go back in two weeks to get them installed in one trip. I can wait. He had 3 silver and 1 green just sitting there (no RTL's though). Hang tough people -not everyone wants to spend this kind of money and the dealers will work with you. I am thrilled and love my Ridge already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts