Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove an RTL-T that I was supposed to take delivery on today. Dealer is telling me they are waiting on the title. Why would they still be waiting? thanks for any info..

·
Registered
107 Posts
I test drove an RTL-T that I was supposed to take delivery on today. Dealer is telling me they are waiting on the title. Why would they still be waiting? thanks for any info..
Probably because the VIN is not the DMV database. I had the same problem but the dealer self registered it. They had to do it again when I got my tag transferred from my old vehicle.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm not sure new car's have a title. The title is created by the state once registered. I could be wrong. But it sounds a bit fishy. My rules for a dealership are simple... if the dealership is talking, they're either 1. Wrong or 2. Lying

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm not sure new car's have a title. The title is created by the state once registered. I could be wrong. But it sounds a bit fishy. My rules for a dealership are simple... if the dealership is talking, they're either 1. Wrong or 2. Lying
Most often though they are both Lying and Wrong, but they don't know that they are wrong.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The manufacture issues the vehicle an MSO... Manufacturer Statement of Origin. That's what most state require to create a tittle. Think of it as a "birth certificate"

More than likely Honda held on to them until it was time to sell them.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,901 Posts
My dealer called it a CO, which I presume stands for Certificate of Ownership. That may be the same kind of thing as the MSO mentioned by halfcar609. I'm waiting for it so that the inspection and registration can be done. I took delivery yesterday. I'm sure it'll get resolved. In my state, the dealer has seven days.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,901 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. So are they just doing the "right thing" by not letting me take delivery?
I guess you could make that case. I'm glad my dealer let me take my Ridgeline, however.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts