Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Great article and keep in mind it was Dan Neil (author of this article) who wrote one of the first glowing articles on the Ridgeline in 2005 (he wrote for the LA Times then). His article then and similar good words in Consumer Reports are what convinced me to buy one of the first Ridgelines in 2006. You can consider his current review in context of that one, as he notes his support for the prior look of the vehicle, but acknowledges that it had a more narrow support base.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Read the post by readers after the article, typical 'it's not a real truck' machismo.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Read the post by readers after the article, typical 'it's not a real truck' machismo.
Funny that most all of the respected publications (Car&Driver, WSJ, etc.) like the Ridgeline as a 'truck' and many people posting don't..I liked the one who said his daughter liked it, so it wasn't for him...whassup with that?:act024:

Reminds me of my motorcycle buddies. I've been riding Harley's for years, now, and many of them just don't think it's a 'real' motorcycle unless it's a Harley. The rest of us, many of whom are like me and ride Harley's, just smile about it as there are some fantastic bikes made by other companies. It is pointless to argue with them....those same guys will tell you that a .380 is not a real gun, either. I had one of them say that to me about my small conceal carry when out on a long summer ride and I asked him what he was carrying. He said "nothing, I left it at home, too big to conceal in this weather." I smiled and said: ".380, for the win!" He got flustered and stomped off.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Agree with all of youze. Nice article, I especially like his turn of phrase describing the G1 as not being "squared off like Ford and the Lord Jesus intended". Wow does that say it all! :wink:

BTW, Stealer called and I am picking up my G2 tomorrow unless they change their mind and give me only $5 for my trade.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
....those same guys will tell you that a .380 is not a real gun, either. I had one of them say that to me about my small conceal carry when out on a long summer ride and I asked him what he was carrying. He said "nothing, I left it at home, too big to conceal in this weather." I smiled and said: ".380, for the win!" He got flustered and stomped off.
I would not want to be on the wrong end of a .380. I read somewhere that the lowly .22 caliber is responsible for the most gun-related deaths on an annual basis. The gun guys will tell you that they want the bigger calibers to make sure they take care of whatever they're aiming at....my response would be, "if you're that much into guns, maybe you should work on being a better shot under pressure!". :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts