Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking around these forums it seems that grom has mixed reviews.

Ok so This is for my father, hes around 50 and not too tech savvy but he likes carrying his music on USB sticks so he wants to be able to play and control music from the stereo, it doesnt matter to him that it wont display the name of the song correctly or not, most of his music is listed as "TRACK 5" and so on. He finds it difficult to get used to new interfaces, O/Ss and systems so getting a aftermarket navi system with a usb drive is not out of the question but is not the preferred option.

I am currently looking at some isimple devices but i cant figure out whether you can control them from the stereo...is that even possible? I honestly dont know much about cars im just some kid. I have a honda civic and I installed a new stereo with usb built in so i dont know anything about adding a usb port byitself.

Do the newer ridgelines have usb ports? My dad is thinking about getting a new one he has i think 400K miles on his and he uses it for work and was thinking of buying a newer one.

also ipod support would be nice but he can do without it he says.
thank you!

·
Registered
651 Posts
USASPEC makes an ipod interface (30 pin) that allows an ipod to be controlled with the radio and steering wheel controls. I'm unfamiliar with the grom unit but it seems similar and their website says it allows the auto radio to control the usb, ipod, etc.
I have the USASPEC unit and have had good luck with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.