Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else notice how fast the engine warms up. I just took my Ridge to the White Mountains in NH. it was in the high teens in the morning but the engine tempreture guage climbs to normal operating temp. and the heater is pumping within 2 miles. My old Dodge Durango (Big V-8) used to take much longer.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Glad I am not the only one to notice this. My RTS is pumping heat so much sooner than any other vehicle I have owned, I thought there may be something wrong.

I guess it is just another reason to enjoy this truck.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I noticed it for the first time this morning.

The other thing I noticed is that cold start, the idle speed is still pretty low, and it stays low. On the Pilot, it starts about 500-600rpm higher and slowly drops down within the first minute after starting cold.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow! You guys read my mind. Even my 91 Civic SI takes more miles to warm up than my Ridgeline. I was wondering whats up with that! I keep forgetting to ask if anyone knows why at the dealership I work at. I'll get back to you on this. later ... Bob :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I paid a little more attention to the warm-up this morning. When I started the truck, the garage temp was 55 and the outside temp 45. I let the engine warm for about 30 seconds before I drove off. Within one mile I had heat coming through the dash vents with the climate control set on auto. The temp gauge at that point was at 1/4 off cold. I literally watched the temp gauge climb within the next mile to 1/2 off cold where it stayed throughout the trip. At this point the seat heater had kicked in. This is by far the fastest warming vehicle I've owned.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Probably because it's got a six in there too. My civic warms up after a mile if just go after starting even on a really cold day, if I let it idle for a minute, it warms up in half that. My Jeep otoh, warms up immediately (3.7L V6) but takes forever to cool down--cast iron block.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm in Hawaii, so the engine is already hot before I start it. ;-)

All kidding aside, I just noticed the quick warm up time this morning--something my wife would LOVE, as she is always cold, even in Hawaii!

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
274 Posts
I am quite sure that the faster warm up is done by routing the coolant hoses different. From water pump to the heater core. GM did this a few years back, that feature was on a Chevy Silverado that I had.
shovelhd said:
I paid a little more attention to the warm-up this morning. When I started the truck, the garage temp was 55 and the outside temp 45. I let the engine warm for about 30 seconds before I drove off. Within one mile I had heat coming through the dash vents with the climate control set on auto. The temp gauge at that point was at 1/4 off cold. I literally watched the temp gauge climb within the next mile to 1/2 off cold where it stayed throughout the trip. At this point the seat heater had kicked in. This is by far the fastest warming vehicle I've owned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts