Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought some Philips VisionPlus H4 bulbs, I think they are the best after much research and speaking with people in the industry. You can learn more here if you're interested in truths & myths about headlight bulbs:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/bulbs.html

The WARNING - do not remove the screw! it serves as the hinge. You remove the metal clamp from the other side which it's clipped into a hook. I mistakenly removed the screw and the whole thing sprung into the engine bay getting lost deep down inside.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I also have replaced my bulbs. Actually the bulb assy does use a spring clip. Push the clip forward to the front of the truck to unhook the clip. The spring swings on the hinge. I believe that you unscrewed the hinge by mistake.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'm surprised some of you have replaced/upgraded your lamps. I was frankly stunned the first time I was out at night with our RTL. What a view--and believe me we need it out here where the deer and the antelope play (they like to play in the road)! And when the brights are dimmed, there is a clearly delineated line/shadow across the top of the field of view that is remarkable. The headlamp housings are obviously tuned very well indeed. :cool:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BamaRidge said:
I also have replaced my bulbs. Actually the bulb assy does use a spring clip. Push the clip forward to the front of the truck to unhook the clip. The spring swings on the hinge. I believe that you unscrewed the hinge by mistake.
Not much of a hinge. A self-tapping screw holding down a clip is hardly a hinge in my book, not too impressed with that. However, I was in error and the screw did not need to be removed. On the other side of the housing the clamp can be removed from the clip with nothing falling apart. I'll edit most first post so other don't try to remove the screw.

As for the bulb, depends on your experience and acceptance of stock items. I'm into these things and for a cheap cost I like to upgrade to the best. If you don't pay attention or care you'll never notice the difference so the stock bulb would be just fine.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
i have a HID converision from current car and would like to transfer it to RL when i get mine, i was wondering if this HID convertion aftermarket is compatible with the RL headlights. the HID systems is a H4 bulb with ballast @ 4400k so it has white/purple look. it will be coming from my 99' vw passat.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
vertrkr,

Where did you get your Philips Vision Plus bulbs? What number/size were the headlight replacements, as well as the driving light replacements?

Thanks

·
Registered
198 Posts
I bought mine at Powerbulbs.com. Best price, great purchasing info, free shipping, fast delivery. Plus they will send free wsw "blue bulbs" which I used to replace the door entry lights. The Ridgeline uses H4's for your headlights btw. Here's a link.

http://www.powerbulbs.co.uk/

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shovelhd said:
vertrkr,

Where did you get your Philips Vision Plus bulbs? What number/size were the headlight replacements, as well as the driving light replacements?

Thanks
Yep, powerbulbs.com. Get the H4s and I'd recommend the Osram SilverStars or the VisionPlus bulbs. Note Osram silverstar are totally different than the Slyvania silverstars that you get here in the states.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
$30.07 today :) Just click on the US flag.

I asked before about driving lights - I meant fog lights. Are they the standard H1 or H3 bulbs?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
I just ordered a set of Vision Plus H4's from powerbulbs.uk. Thanks for your advice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts