Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2022 RTL-E, picked it up five weeks ago, have about 1400 miles on it, am loving it. I have twice had a All Wheel Drive System Problem light, and this morning had a Push Button Start Problem light. All three times these lights have gone away after driving it and restarting. It has been very cold here in Minnesota, -15° this morning. I was wondering if the cold is a factor, and if I should take it in to be looked at?

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
809 Posts
It is possible. We have see members post about warming lights going off and the issue was in fact a "new" battery. It's worth checking because it's easy to do.

·
Super Moderator
2,664 Posts
Or test it yourself with a CCA ir tester. That's what i do. My 17' battery was tested a week ago or so now with a 410cca capacity out of 525cca rated. That's pretty good for over 5 years old. I also tested my 11 year old battery in my Steiner 420 and it's still good as well. I've been waiting for it to die. Maybe it'll last 20 years ? lol (i doubt it) But, i do rejuvenate it with my CTek charger a couple times a year. Just put the Ctek on my Ridgeline since I'm not driving it for the next two weeks as I have a rental car to drive instead for work for a few weeks (or longer).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update.
After my second time returning my RTL-E to the dealer they replaced the relay for the All Wheel Drive warning. It was extremely cold the last two mornings and they said they didn't have any warning lights come on.
The service department sent someone to pick up and drop off my truck, returned it full of gas, gave me an oil change and a car wash. If the problem is behind me I am extremely happy with the way I was treated by Luther Honda, Mankato, MN.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl
809 Posts
The service department sent someone to pick up and drop off my truck, returned it full of gas, gave me an oil change and a car wash. If the problem is behind me I am extremely happy with the way I was treated by Luther Honda, Mankato, MN.
I like hearing that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts