Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just washed and dried today for the first time. It got dark and the tires were still wet so I couldn't put on tire dressing. Went back later at night with my fluorescent light tube and couldn't believe all the "stuff" on the paint. Folks you have got to clay and polish before you wax preffably with a DA. I polish with the DA and wax by hand. Just me. Yes I washed with a good car wash, Meguiars Gold, 2 bucket method and dried with microfiber. Next wash it will be done right.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yes, tons of "fallout", especially mine since my car came by truck THEN by boat (live in Hawaii). I used my good ol' standby, Clay Magic with some Einszett car wash/water solution. Then I used Klasse All-in-One and the results were nothing short of amazing. I had to use a wheel cleaner (I use Eagle One's product). Then I had to use Goo Gone to remove all the adhesive residue from the different areas around the car, including the wheels. I squirt some of the stuff onto a small microfiber cloth and it and go to work. Good luck on your new RL!

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ordered some AIO and SG Neve have used any yet. I've heard it is really good. Gonna go with 1x of AIO and 3x of SG

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I'm with you Whaleya. I like to keep my car clean and I will do it by hand if it's a beautiful weekend, but to get the "after snow" yuch off during the week its an auto car wash. $2.00 with a fill-up at my local Citgo.

Nthnfancy, no disrespect, but are you for real? Inspecting your wash job at night with a flourecent light?!? Isn't that a bit extreme? If your Ridge is in a showroom maybe, but I drive my truck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nthnfancy said:
Folks you have got to clay and polish before you wax preffably with a DA.
Oh, I clayed mine alright..... :rolleyes:
Tossed the granddaughters into the back and 4wheeled it down to the pond where they caught frogs and tadpoles.
Now I have good ole Missouri clay hand prints all over the bed and outside of the truck :D
Left it out in the rain yesterday and some of it washed off, but it'll take a trip to the carwash to get it all off.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Put the Grandkids in the bed and they'll get cleaned off too when you go through the wash.

·
Registered
19 Posts
steveberger said:
Put the Grandkids in the bed and they'll get cleaned off too when you go through the wash.
:cool: Shoud'a thought of that!
Grandma got a hold of them first.........nobody gets into grandma's house lookin like that :D

·
Registered
89 Posts
i found the mr clean auto dry car wash system to work great i use it in the detailing business and it saves me allot of time, those with black colored trucks and cars will love it

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
bigridge said:
i found the mr clean auto dry car wash system to work great i use it in the detailing business and it saves me allot of time, those with black colored trucks and cars will love it
Have you tried the "Pro" version of the Mr. Clean system? Is it worth the extra $15? I'm not sure what the differences are as I haven't researched them yet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
no i havent tried it i seen it but the one i have works fine when it goes i was gonna get i think it just hold more soap and the water sheeting formula

1 - 12 of 12 Posts