Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A post on the "MISC" area talked about a CLUNKING NOISE from the right front wheel well when driving on rough roads.... Well, it appears to be a problem with a missing bolt that secures the fill neck of the washer bottle to the front wheel well.. numerous owners have reported the same missing bolt... check your ridgeline....

·
Registered
146 Posts
Actually, it is a plastic fastener instead of a bolt (if you are speaking about the filler neck). I lost mine trying to remove it to install the fog light wires last weekend. It popped out and just vanished into lost nut heaven. I need to get another one.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sorry to go slightly off topic...I also did the fog light install last weekend and after about trashing the plastic fastener to take it off the washer fill neck (as the instructions stated) I found myself wondering WHY they said to take it off in the first place since it was easy to route the harness behind without removing it!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I lost broke the inner plug on that plastic retainer too. I found that pushing a drywall plug into it worked just as well as the original ans is very secure. I think it may be a common fault to find them missing completely. My washer bottle has some highlighting ink around the hole as if it was marked during a QA check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts