Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start by saying that I bought this 2019 with less than 9000 miles on it as a rebuilt branded title. So this problem may be related to the accident it was in and incorrect repairs.
I run out of washer fluid, add more, and the reservoir goes from empty to full with only an addition of a few ounces. It seems like the fill tube is plugged or the reservoir was never installed and I'm just filling the tube section.

The strange thing, however is that the windshield sprayers work after I refill! It only takes a few squirts to empty it out again however.

Looking down below the fill cap it looks like the fill tube goes into a small black box. After that I can see no white translucent reservoir as I would expect. I don't know what normal is supposed to look like and I can find no drawings of the system on line.

Could someone please tell me what they see when they look below the fill cap? Does anyone have assembly drawings? Any theories on how my sprayers are working given these symptoms?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just pop the black plastic beauty cover off and look. That front cover is just held on by clips. It pops off and goes back on pretty easily. You should be able to see the reservoir once you have it off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had my new 2019 go empty on me several weeks ago. Went to the store and bought a new container and it took the entire bottle if that answers anything for you.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-T Forest Mist Metallic
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that drawing. Do you have a parts list that goes with the numbers?
I can see the square part the tube runs into, but that is a very small volume box, liquid must fill below that, but its hard to see from the drawing where the liquid all goes. I've been trying to find a reservoir on line but can only find them for G1 Ridgelines.
I watched a YouTube video on replacing a reservoir on a different model Honda and it is quite an extensive job, which includes taking the whole front bumper off. Something I'm not going to do and not cheap to have done.

Reevaluating the problem. I went for a drive today and could not spray the windshield. Went to add fluid and it was already full to top. So now I think it is a pump problem. Tried to fill it previously and it hardly took any fluid because it already was full. Spayer worked because it is an intermittant problem, loose connection or something like that.
That makes a lot more sense to me.
I don't know if the bumper needs to come off to replace the pump. I know that living without windshield fluid in Denver in the winter is impossible. I need to get it fixed ASAP.

·
Registered
2018 RTL-E
510 Posts
Thanks for that drawing. Do you have a parts list that goes with the numbers?
I can see the square part the tube runs into, but that is a very small volume box, liquid must fill below that, but its hard to see from the drawing where the liquid all goes. I've been trying to find a reservoir on line but can only find them for G1 Ridgelines.
I watched a YouTube video on replacing a reservoir on a different model Honda and it is quite an extensive job, which includes taking the whole front bumper off. Something I'm not going to do and not cheap to have done.

Reevaluating the problem. I went for a drive today and could not spray the windshield. Went to add fluid and it was already full to top. So now I think it is a pump problem. Tried to fill it previously and it hardly took any fluid because it already was full. Spayer worked because it is an intermittant problem, loose connection or something like that.
That makes a lot more sense to me.
I don't know if the bumper needs to come off to replace the pump. I know that living without windshield fluid in Denver in the winter is impossible. I need to get it fixed ASAP.
The pump looks like it’s item #3 in the drawing above. Pull the underhood cover off and see if you can see it. It looks to be on the pax side of the tank. Follow the hose, it may be something you can change.

·
Registered
2019 RTL-E (white on beige) in central Texas
1,398 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts