·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email on the unveiling...

Live from the Detroit Auto Show
January 11, 1:15 p.m. EST
Here is the link to watch it.

I did not see this in the other threads, so sorry if a re-post.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Not to make light of your service, but IMHO the Ridgeline reveal is jury duty as well. Expecting a hung jury but not until a lot of more debate....

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Jury deliberations on the RL reveal will be the most entertaining aspect: elation, disgust, approval, despair, denial, anger, excitement and so much more!

·
Registered
790 Posts
I got that email, too bad I work, but when I get home I hope to see all the good features and that front end, hopefully it is better. Maybe it can be viewed on the phone.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Jury deliberations on the RL reveal will be the most entertaining aspect: elation, disgust, approval, despair, denial, anger, excitement and so much more!

Probably be enough "I told ya so's" to go around.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
It is funny that the sneak shot is the butt end. For obvious reasons, it looks most like how a truck should look.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Honda has a huge history of under delivering on remodels. However, I think/hope their intent with gen2 is to make it mainstream enough to build a steady customer base going forward. Face it, all they did with gen1 was sell RLs to Honda owners that wanted a Honda truck. They never stole any market share from anybody else, and sales bottomed out because most us drive our Hondas to their graves.

If they can deliver a better vehicle this time around without spending too much on it, then in 3-4 years maybe they start venturing into some niche trim levels that include more off-road capability, more towing, and/or perhaps a diesel.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
If they can deliver a better vehicle this time around without spending too much on it, then in 3-4 years maybe they start venturing into some niche trim levels that include more off-road capability, more towing, and/or perhaps a diesel.
What you say makes total sense. In other words it will not happen. Hope I'm wrong. It is such a huge leap for Honda to make bold moves with any model. They give you just enough to want more.

Most of us can't afford to pay $150 grand for an NSX. Not much excitement in affordable Hondas/Acuras.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Don't want to be negative or anything but we all know it's going to look like an ordinary truck...

RIP unique Ridge.
Hmmmmm, Ordinary, I dont think so. Somethins been goin on with this new one, some are goin to love it and others are goin to say by by. Wonder how they unloaded it at the show without lettin anyone see anythin must be tight security. Joes a lucky dog today if he was part of that.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Don't want to be negative or anything but we all know it's going to look like an ordinary truck...

RIP unique Ridge.
Yup, and even if many don't like it, it will probably sell better if it does.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not impressed with what they showed, which was very little. BIG WASTE of time

1 - 20 of 39 Posts