Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
swampler said:
I've noticed that both of the rear, lower lights in the bed of my RL have condensation/water on the inside of the lens. Is this something that needs to be fixed/addressed by Honda like a headlight or tail light would be?
Any water/condensation in any electrical component subjects that component to shorting out and causing problems.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
If you don't reallly want to go back for a dealer fix, pop the lense and apply a small bead of clear silicone sealant all the way around and reinstall. This should fix it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Whatever sealer you apply make sure it can be removed without cracking the lense when needed because You will have to remove that lence in future to replace the light bulb;)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Groovy!!!!!

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tex's Ridge said:
If you don't reallly want to go back for a dealer fix, pop the lense and apply a small bead of clear silicone sealant all the way around and reinstall. This should fix it.
Any suggestions for a sealant that will come off easily for bulb replacement? It's a good 1/2 hour to the dealer, so I'd rather not have to go in if I didn't have to. That and the wife is already giving me a hard time about how often I have to get the truck worked on. :(

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well it's obviously your fault.....again....still.....forever...................................and ever!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
swampler said:
Any suggestions for a sealant that will come off easily for bulb replacement? It's a good 1/2 hour to the dealer, so I'd rather not have to go in if I didn't have to. That and the wife is already giving me a hard time about how often I have to get the truck worked on. :(
Silicone stays pliable. Easy to come off. If you go to home depot and ask them for the silicone sealant, they should be able to show you where they are. The common brand available is the Dow Corning RTV.

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
swampler said:
Just to update...I had Honda replace the lights. They wrote it up as having a leak in the seal.
Had 1 replaced last month. Didn't have a cargo light in stock so dealer pulled a new RL and robbed 1 off it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
swampler said:
Just to update...I had Honda replace the lights. They wrote it up as having a leak in the seal.
Good move. Subaru had problems a while with a bunch of tail lights--said it was the vendor's fault that made them.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
swampler said:
I've noticed that both of the rear, lower lights in the bed of my RL have condensation/water on the inside of the lens. Is this something that needs to be fixed/addressed by Honda like a headlight or tail light would be?
I don't know if this is related to your light problem, but you might want to take a look at this thread, if you haven't already.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4565

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts