Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. My 2013 has retained water in the front and rear doors after recent hard rain (twice). Took to dealer after first episode. They could not replicate the problem and indicated it was not of any real concern. Will go back now. I see that others have experienced this but I am curious as to what dealers have done to address/correct it? BTW, this is my second Ridgeline; 2006 did not have this issue. Thanks all.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi. My 2013 has retained water in the front and rear doors after recent hard rain (twice). Took to dealer after first episode. They could not replicate the problem and indicated it was not of any real concern. Will go back now. I see that others have experienced this but I am curious as to what dealers have done to address/correct it? BTW, this is my second Ridgeline; 2006 did not have this issue. Thanks all.
It happens on my 2007, mostly with the LR door. After any decent rain, if i see a wet spot on the ground near the door, I can be pretty sure that it has water ( and a lot of water) in it. I lift up the rubber gasket and drain the water out. Cleaning out the weep holes under the gasket using a hose helps. I was thinking about placing a small piece of rubber to force the gasket to not completely seal the bottom. It is an issue that hopefully will be addressed in the 'future'

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Same here. I hear it sloshing around and water in the door leads to rust and a musty smell. I see the spot under the LR door after a rain. I open the door and peel back the gasket to open the drain. Might take an old one hole paper punch and jsut punch a hole in the drain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had the same problem. After several days of hard rain I opened the rear, driver's side door and had a stream of water coming out of the door. It drained long enough for me to get the phone out and take several pictures and video to show the dealer. The dealer said the drain holes and the area at the bottom of the door can become blocked when dirty. I noticed that the rubber trim on the windows was two pieces and water appeared to be getting in through the little gap. Dealer said this is how they are built and the doors are designed to drain the water and water is expected to get inside. Not thrilled with that answer. I guess I need to do a better job cleaning the drain holes and undercarriage to prevent dirt build up. To me this is a design defect because I don't want water in my truck doors. The rubber trim should be one solid piece. This would probably solve most of this problem. The dealer said they would not replace the trim.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,915 Posts
I have never noticed water in my doors, but my RL is garaged. Do you guys with this issue park outside by any chance? (just curious if there's any common denominator).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts