Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I opened my trunk the other day after we had some hard rain and found it had 6-8 inches of water in it. After investigating I found the trunk lid was a little loose. I loosened the catch for the latch and lowered it, then re-tightened the bolts. We had some heavy rain today, and no water in the trunk. When I got home I washed the truck and tried to get water in the trunk, STILL DRY!!!! Just thought this might help some having similar issues.
:act062:

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Thanks for posting this helpful info and its your first post too! :act035: BTW, where do you live with all this rain????

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sometimes, things gets stuck in the seal when closing or the trunk has an item that is a bit tall and that causes the trunk lid to shift when closing. I am glad you found your leak.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That is a lot of water leaking into the trunk. Make sure the drain holes are clear esspecially the ones by the hinges.
Thanks for the fix.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I had the same problem with the same fix! Drove me crazy till I figured it out. It's amaizing how a little movement can make such a big difference:act024:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just FYI the trunk is not sealed from the outdoors! Looking forward past the spare tire I was a little surprised to see daylight!

Probably won't get much in this way unless you're fording some deep water, and in that case you'll have bigger issues with the water in the intake!

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,314 Posts
Just FYI the trunk is not sealed from the outdoors! Looking forward past the spare tire I was a little surprised to see daylight!

Probably won't get much in this way unless you're fording some deep water, and in that case you'll have bigger issues with the water in the intake!
Correct. You have a bed floor side outlet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts