Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing a 2022 RTL tomorrow. So still time to back out :) it is the beautiful blue color and the ridgeline fits all the needs for us.
But I have a concern of the water under the rear seat.
Should I be that concerned that I cancel the purchase?
I have seen a few 2022's having the problem. But it seems less and they are selling all the 2022's available.
What is your advice??

·
Registered
126 Posts
Trust but verify.
I am purchasing a 2022 RTL tomorrow. So still time to back out :) it is the beautiful blue color and the ridgeline fits all the needs for us.
But I have a concern of the water under the rear seat.
Should I be that concerned that I cancel the purchase?
I have seen a few 2022's having the problem. But it seems less and they are selling all the 2022's available.
What is your advice??
I didn't let it stop me. I have checked after rain and washed, no problem.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
1,304 Posts
It's only a minority of vehicles that have this issue, so chances are on your side. Just check yours out when you get it and find out if yours is affected (just need a hosepipe and then check under rear carpet - only a 15 minute task). If it is, then just be prepared for a few trips to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
7,867 Posts
I would not take the vehicle, if there is existing water underneath the rear seats. Part of that would depend if you have had any rain in your area. If there is no water, at least you did your due diligence, and you cannot predict the future. Good luck with the new purchase, and that Obsidian Blue Pearl is a nice color that we don't really see to much as of late.

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,120 Posts
Purchased December 2021...2000+ miles and ZERO leaks.

·
Registered
2022 RTL-E Modern Steel with Gray interior
120 Posts
I've had mine for several months now and live in Florida known for torrential downpours - last one I was in 3 plus inch per hour rainfall rate. Zero leaks in any of the storms and have washed the truck numerous times with no leaks (spraying water on back window/bed area.

As previously mentioned the leaking is in a small minority of vehicles, however just like anything now with 24/7 news and social media the issue appears to be widespread when it's not. I would have no hesitation recommending this vehicle.

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL-E
282 Posts
There’s tons of posts on this topic. I purchased a 2022 (rtl-e in obsidian blue) with a build date of 10/21. No water. No one can (or should!) tell you what to do, or if you’ll have any issue.
Seems low risk for 2022’s…

·
Registered
25 Posts
I purchased in November 21 and have over 6,000 miles on the odometer. I live in the panhandle of Florida where we get lots of rain. I back into my driveway which is on an incline…lots of rain since I got it with no leaks to date.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
If you are that concerned, have them pull it into their wash bay and drown the back end with water. Then pop the covers, and feel around under the seat. That will probably tell you....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Checked our rtle for moisture under carpet while parked on the showroom floor in February. Pulled the sill covers in front of salesman. Rained 3 inches that same night parked outside. Multiple washes. All dry so far. I'd buy another '22 Ridgeline without hesitation.

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E White/Beige HPD bronze (no decals)
92 Posts
Another 2022 here that has been bone dry for 3k miles. I had a deposit down on my truck (no risk of another customer buying it) and when it arrived at the dealership I waited a few days until it rained and then made an appointment to pick it up the next day. The first thing I checked was for water under the carpet. If it had been damp I wouldn't have gone thru with the purchase.

·
Registered
2019 RTL
1,304 Posts
I have seen a few 2022's having the problem. But it seems less
Seems low risk for 2022’s
It's "low risk" for any model year, as in it's only a minority of Ridgelines that leak.

However, there's nothing to suggest that Honda has fixed the problem for 22's given there are still reports of 22's with the same issue. Don't forget, you'll see fewer reports of leaky 22's compared to earlier model years because there are far fewer 22's sold (e.g. there are almost 4X more 21's alone than 22's. And that's before you even think about the number of 17-20's sold).

·
Premium Member
2022 WBE in Southern Florida
1,748 Posts
It's "low risk" for any model year, as in it's only a minority of Ridgelines that leak.

However, there's nothing to suggest that Honda has fixed the problem for 22's given there are still reports of 22's with the same issue. Don't forget, you'll see fewer reports of leaky 22's compared to earlier model years because there are far fewer 22's sold (e.g. there are almost 4X more 21's alone than 22's. And that's before you even think about the number of 17-20's sold).
This!

While the majority of us have been fortunate enough to not have a leak, it seems purt near criminal that Honda is STILL having this issue. Should have been an easy QC fix years ago, IMO.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
In watching threads about this propagate over the years, I am starting to wonder if this is a complication in the “straight back” unibody pickup design itself and it is not always the same leak location in every vehicle? Ours does not leak so I am assuming that it was an in between model? 😁
Bill

1 - 20 of 98 Posts