Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline Black Black Edition
32 Posts
I had water in my 21 BE but they fixed it nicely. I would be concerned about the phantom CEL after highway diving issue, especially if you live or drive in a colder climate. They have no solution for that and it puts the truck in an unsafe condition.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am purchasing a 2022 RTL tomorrow. So still time to back out :) it is the beautiful blue color and the ridgeline fits all the needs for us.
But I have a concern of the water under the rear seat.
Should I be that concerned that I cancel the purchase?
I have seen a few 2022's having the problem. But it seems less and they are selling all the 2022's available.
What is your advice??
I have a 2020 here in western Oregon known for getting just a little rain each year. One of these years the garage will get emply enough to hold vehicles and now water inside that doesn't come on from wet shoes or jackets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am purchasing a 2022 RTL tomorrow. So still time to back out :) it is the beautiful blue color and the ridgeline fits all the needs for us.
I have seen a few 2022's having the problem. But it seems less and they are selling all the 2022's available.
What is your advice??
I could be wrong. I remember watching a video where new vehicles come in and they need to make sure the drain plugs are on Maybe it was missed on the ones with issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What is your advice??
I checked my 2022 RTL, and found no intrusion after spraying water from a hose on the back window and into the bed - more than would hit it in a heavy rain storm. Hopefully you will have the same.
I have discovered that I sometimes bump the right rear window down just a bit and do not notice the extra noise in the cab. my wife does hear it, and that’s how I know I have been doing that. It could result in water in the cab.

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline RTL-E
3 Posts
What is your advice??
I have a Blue 2022 RTL-E. I have not had any issues. This is my 2nd Ridgeline absolutely no regrets.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is your advice??

·
Registered
2 Posts
What is your advice??
I took delivery of an RTL-E in January no water issues. My fourth Ridgeline, never had a water issue. I live on Cape Cod with the wind and water.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is your advice??
I have a 2021 with 20k miles. No water leaks. I’ve had a 2017, 18, 19 and 21. The only issues with 21 is auto dimmers I don’t use. They have a mind of their own which is not good for oncoming traffic. They will turn bright lights on in their face. The engine surges under acceleration, especially driving in hilly terrain. I wish that Honda would correct these issues. Been to two different dealers with no success.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What is your advice??
Hey.. there's problems with all vehicles. I have mine since 3-26-22 no leaks but ...Do your research, ask the forums questions about the concerns you read
There's transmission problems, seat being uncomfortable, hesitation when Accelerating, there's No front driver, passenger tinted window 0% No Sun strip on front window eitlink..
Oh. the tires are Firestone destination ..Le2. They don't manufacture this anymore so if you needed a replacement you may have to buy all 4 new tires. Each tir has a different stopping point. The new Firestone Destination is LE3 . This has better tread life and is a little wider
Good luck

·
Registered
44 Posts
What is your advice??
Sorry to mention infotainment system socks, slow response reboots . Mine is sonic Gray

·
Registered
‘21 White, BE
140 Posts
What seals?
What exactly do I need to check?
Thanks.
Sills not seals. In the back seat, the door sills pop right up giving you access to the underside of the carpet. Reach your arm in as far as you can and check for dampness. In mine, passenger side was closer to the door than the driver side but both had water yesterday when I showed the service advisor. Also there are water marks on the inside of the slider window in the far outside corners so there is water getting into my cab in four places. They have had it for two days now...

·
Registered
06 rt 4wd
13 Posts
What is your advice??
My 06 ain’t got no water in the cab! Ha

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,131 Posts
Hey.. there's problems with all vehicles. I have mine since 3-26-22 no leaks but ...Do your research, ask the forums questions about the concerns you read
There's transmission problems, seat being uncomfortable, hesitation when Accelerating, there's No front driver, passenger tinted window 0% No Sun strip on front window eitlink..
Oh. the tires are Firestone destination ..Le2. They don't manufacture this anymore so if you needed a replacement you may have to buy all 4 new tires. Each tir has a different stopping point. The new Firestone Destination is LE3 . This has better tread life and is a little wider
Good luck
AWESOME to hear you are thoroughly enjoying your truck;)

·
Premium Member
2022 RTL-E Crystal Black Pearl
1,131 Posts
Sorry to mention infotainment system socks, slow response reboots . Mine is sonic Gray
Anything else you'd like to add???

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is your advice??
I have 21 RTL and have checked a few time no water here. I love my Ridge. I have had 3 of them 06, 07 and now the 21. My kids drive the earlier years now. No major issues what so ever

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E PACIFIC PEWTER
113 Posts
I am just unlucky one 2020 RTL-E build date Jan/2020 bought in February happy as the clam so to speak. Read all reviews no one mentioned the water in back cabin until October 2021 discovered my is leaks the RL has been a month this times at the service department. manufacture rep has been here twice , Pensacola about 5 hours drive from Lincoln Alabama honda manufacture. the service manager has suggested trading for 2022 RL but nothing yet still waiting riding with rental car pay by Honda

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is your advice??
I realize I’m a little late. Just got the email. I picked up my ‘22 RTL-E in January. It sits outside in south Florida. It’s been in a bunch heavy showers while parked and while driving. No water has entered the cabin. I love the truck. Good luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
What is your advice??
I purchased 2021 RTL early last year. It has been many rain storms and car washes, I have not seen any water leaks.

You’ll enjoy the truck. The stuff I find less than ideal is cruise control, going downhill it does not manage speed well. The screen to control various functions can be tedious.

But the truck is great to drive and haul stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What is your advice??
My 21 RTL-E leaked water from the upper right corner of the rear window. Brought it back to the dealer and they removed and resealed the glass and has been fine for a year now.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts