Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am purchasing a 2022 RTL tomorrow. So still time to back out :) it is the beautiful blue color and the ridgeline fits all the needs for us.
But I have a concern of the water under the rear seat.
Should I be that concerned that I cancel the purchase?
I have seen a few 2022's having the problem. But it seems less and they are selling all the 2022's available.
What is your advice??
Hi, just this weekend I parked my 2021 RTL facing down a slope and sprayed quite a bit of water on the back of the cab and the front of the bed and did not detect any leaks. Get the dealer to let you check for leaks on the specific truck before you buy it. It is an easy thing to do - I think there is a video on Youtube to watch too. The two plastic pieces do come off easily. Once off, I stuck not only my hand but some paper towels under the carpet and they remained bone dry. Then snap the pieces back on and you are done. It could be done in 10 minutes. I love my 2021 - it is so comfortable and I get 24-25 mpg in the suburbs, 28-29 on the highway.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi, just this weekend I parked my 2021 RTL facing down a slope and sprayed quite a bit of water on the back of the cab and the front of the bed and did not detect any leaks. Get the dealer to let you check for leaks on the specific truck before you buy it. It is an easy thing to do - I think there is a video on Youtube to watch too. The two plastic pieces do come off easily. Once off, I stuck not only my hand but some paper towels under the carpet and they remained bone dry. Then snap the pieces back on and you are done. It could be done in 10 minutes. I love my 2021 - it is so comfortable and I get 24-25 mpg in the suburbs, 28-29 on the highway.
Impossible mpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am purchasing a 2022 RTL tomorrow. So still time to back out :) it is the beautiful blue color and the ridgeline fits all the needs for us.
I have seen a few 2022's having the problem. But it seems less and they are selling all the 2022's available.
What is your advice??
Not at all... we had a real bad flooded area last year here in NJ, a lot of people died because of that, It was 10 pm I was heading home, a 4 mls trip became a nightmare, most of the roads were flooded, I did try to go through a local residential area but I got trap with a huge current of water, I have a 2021 black edition and having no choice I did have to cross that street and I was getting deeper and deeper to the point that I was able to touch the water thru the window, it was so high that the water was hitting the top of my hood, the sensors got crazy, honestly I thought that it was my last day with that truck, basically new and ready to get a total lost, but thanks GOD help me to pass thru that lake, as soon as I arrived home I did check under the carpet and it was 0 water, no leaks, what you heard about those Ridgelines with that problem it wasn't for all of them, the situation was caused due to shortage of the sealing in some of the robots during that time and when they realized it was too late, so no way to fix it, just sale it and use the warranty for the repair at the local dealers, believe me this is one of the best trucks you can buy, Honda and Toyota for midsize truck, you won't regret it. GOD BLESS YOU and your new Ridgeline too!!!.... ohhh I did arrived home that day at 1:30 am... It was crazy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
What is your advice??
I have 3,200 miles on my Ridgeline. We have had a lot of rain in Michigan plus I wash at least twice a week with higher pressure quarter washes. Have not had any problem with water leaks. The ride is also outstanding and quiet. Lovin it.

·
Registered
‘21 White, BE
140 Posts
Dealer called and said my ‘21 had a LOT of water coming in from around the rear slider. Order placed for a new one. Not sure why they couldn’t seal up the original. Hopefully they’ll fix it right the first time.

·
Premium Member
2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
6 Posts
What is your advice??
Never had the problem. My 2019 is my third Ridgeline.

·
Registered
12 Posts
What is your advice??
Have a 2020RL-E, never had a interior leak, it sat on the seashore of Cocoa Beach for the last three months without incident.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
6,098 Posts
Impossible mpg
I'm getting 29mpg (dash reading) on my 13-mile commute to work. That means hand-calculated is likely somewhere between 26 and 27mpg.

Average speed is around 44mph (including stops, deceleration, acceleration), median speed is probably 55mph, short jaunt of 65mph.

Two stoplights, two stop signs and a couple hills thrown into the mix. Mpg drops quite a bit below freezing, will probably drop again when it's hot enough to use A/C.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would not take the vehicle, if there is existing water underneath the rear seats. Part of that would depend if you have had any rain in your area. If there is no water, at least you did your due diligence, and you cannot predict the future. Good luck with the new purchase, and that Obsidian Blue Pearl is a nice color that we don't really see to much as of late.
You could take it for a final test drive, dump a couple of glasses of water under the rear seats, and then negotiate for a reduced price on the clearly substandard vehicle! :) You might get the price all the way down to manufacturer's sticker price. Just curious why anyone is buying new OR used vehicles in this inflationary environment...instant gratification?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you have water under the rear seat then you have some door seals that are leaking. Stay away from this vehicle unless you can find the source of the leak then have the affected seal replaced.

What is your advice??

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is your advice??
Wondering if someone did what i did and forgot to close the moonroof during a rain?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Now im working on disabling my moonroof. Pulling the #14 interior fuse does it but also disables the gas cap switch. So that didn't work.
I'm looking into disconnecting the the direct wiring Next.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is your advice??
I purchased my 2022 Ridgeline 30 days ago. Living Ohio we have gotten a ton of rain recently. In addition, I wash the truck 2-3 times a week at a soft touch car wash and have not experienced any water inside the vehicle. After waiting six months to get my new truck I am very pleased with it. This truck is my third Ridgeline and I am confident I will someday purchase number 4! This is a problem free truck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is your advice??
have a 2020 no problem like that.

61 - 80 of 103 Posts