Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

Registered
Now im working on disabling my moonroof. Pulling the #14 interior fuse does it but also disables the gas cap switch. So that didn't work.
I'm looking into disconnecting the the direct wiring Next.
I wish there was a switch to disable the auto opening of windows and moonroof when you push and hold the open button on the fob it was a dumb idea.

Registered
I'm getting 29mpg (dash reading) on my 13-mile commute to work. That means hand-calculated is likely somewhere between 26 and 27mpg.

Average speed is around 44mph (including stops, decelerstion, acceleratiin), median speed is probably 55mph, short jaunt of 65mph.

Two stoplights, two stop signs and a couple hills thrown into the mix. Mpg drops quite a bit below freezing, will probably drop agj ain when it's hot enough to use A/C.
馃憤great..you got 1 that's right

Registered
I am purchasing a 2022 RTL tomorrow. So still time to back out :) it is the beautiful blue color and the ridgeline fits all the needs for us.
But I have a concern of the water under the rear seat.
Should I be that concerned that I cancel the purchase?
I have seen a few 2022's having the problem. But it seems less and they are selling all the 2022's available.
What is your advice??
We bought a 2017 a year old in '18. The next winter in Washington we left it out for about 10 days and had an inch of water in the floor. It took two attempts at a repair at the dealer. They had it for weeks, and they finally got it after the second attempt. I seriously thought of selling it, bu I love everything else about the truck, so we still have it.

Registered
I am purchasing a 2022 RTL tomorrow. So still time to back out :) it is the beautiful blue color and the ridgeline fits all the needs for us.
I have seen a few 2022's having the problem. But it seems less and they are selling all the 2022's available.
What is your advice??
Before singing the papers. Have the dealership hose down the area where bed meets the cab. Wait a few minutes, Then check for water.

Registered
What is your advice??
I have a 2021 Black Edition and have had no issues for more than a year with rain, snow, and lots of car washes. "Pull the Trigger" ENJOY your Ridgeline.

Registered
2019 RTL
We bought a 2017 a year old in '18. The next winter in Washington we left it out for about 10 days and had an inch of water in the floor. It took two attempts at a repair at the dealer. They had it for weeks, and they finally got it after the second attempt. I seriously thought of selling it, bu I love everything else about the truck, so we still have it.
Where was that leak coming from? Most of the reports of leaking I've read just resulted in damp carpets and often the owner only found out from a musty smell or feeling under the carpet. One inch of water in the truck is extreme - I guess that must have been more than just missing sealant from a bed joint.

Registered
2017 RTL
What is your advice??
So, don't beat yourself up too much. RLs have some issues but far less than other brands. If you want evidence log on to other brands owner websites and problems light up like a big Christmas tree. RLs are smaller, more efficient and more "car like comfortable" but still do 99% of things bigger trucks do. My son has a '22 Ram 10th Anniversary model which is really nice, but I would take a '22 RL and keep $25k in my pocket.

Registered
What is your advice??
Whatever you do, find out if the factory your new baby was made in has a good reputation on their paint jobs. I am in dialog with Honda of America over the leopard like look of my first new vehicle purchase when I retired, my 13 Ridgeline. It is pitiful that no mention was made to Ridgeline (all Honda owners for that matter - 4 different paint shops opinions) owners about the terrible paint jobs made. Love the vehicle, have spent a large chunks of my kid鈥檚 inheritance in dealership maintenance and am now looking at a $10,000 paint job just to be respectable?! Just not right鈥

Registered
2021 Obsidian Blue Pearl Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
What is your advice??
I have a 2021 Blue RTL-E that is 14 months old with no issues. I upgraded from a 2006 Ridgeline RTL.

Registered
Whatever you do, find out if the factory your new baby was made in has a good reputation on their paint jobs. I am in dialog with Honda of America over the leopard like look of my first new vehicle purchase when I retired, my 13 Ridgeline. It is pitiful that no mention was made to Ridgeline (all Honda owners for that matter - 4 different paint shops opinions) owners about the terrible paint jobs made. Love the vehicle, have spent a large chunks of my kid鈥檚 inheritance in dealership maintenance and am now looking at a $10,000 paint job just to be respectable?! Just not right鈥
I am confused, its 2022 and your complaining about the paint job on your 2013 Ridgeline?

Super Moderator
Yeah not unusual anymore. I see lots on Cadillac groups complaining. People seem to think cars will now last 20 years. Probably because they now cost so much more used even.

Premium Member
It's hard to defend a paint job I know nothing about. While I do feel for anyone who has paint issues, sometimes things happen along life's way.
For example: a friend was behind a truck that blew a brake line. Told me it covered his windshield and he could barely see. I asked if he washed it, and he said no. It had been almost a week. He tried washing but it was too late, damage done.
I think it sux your paint is suffering and I'd be as upset as you. But 8 years into a cars life - I'm not sure if they are going to budge.
I believe it's been taken to court the definition of "lifetime" for a car, and that was determined to be 9 years. I'm not sure on this, and maybe it's some tale I heard in passing. So even lifetime guarantee may not be what people think. 8 years is a fairly long time and don't think you'll get far.
Honda should get its act together on paint as we've seen numerous posts here on white paint simply flaking off. It's not confidence building to say the least.

Registered
What is your advice??
Have dealer wash the truck while you are at the lot. Have the hose down the back window and where the cab meet the bed (throughly). Wait a half an hour and check for leaks. If leaks are present do not purchase the truck.

Premium Member
I'd have to agree with the above...
Most dealers will try to get you to quickly sign the paperwork and get you in your way. Be stubborn. Use the checklist created here (another post) and go thru the truck - it's your damn money.

Registered
2022 RTL-E (Radiant Red), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
Whew! Got our first rain, so I parked facing downhill to find out for sure if my new 2022 would leak. Yes, I hosed it down plenty at the dealer and had it washed, but with all the chat here regarding leaks鈥︹... We got an inch last night and I checked today to find it dry. I do love this thing.

Registered
鈥21 White, BE
I had my 鈥21 BE at the dealer for 10 days for the dreaded water leak. Picked it up Friday and they assured me that it was good to go.

Did the water hose test today and it鈥檚 still leaking in on the passenger side.

So, my question is when I return to let them try again, should I request the same tech or insist on a different one ?

81 - 100 of 103 Posts