Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This time front drivers rug wet.Dealer to take it for 3 days.Only 3300 kms on truck.Anyone else with a 2007 having this problem?How was it cured?:(

·
Registered
47 Posts
This time front drivers rug wet.Dealer to take it for 3 days.Only 3300 kms on truck.Anyone else with a 2007 having this problem?How was it cured?:(
I had the identical dreaded water leak soaking the drivers side floor carpet in my 2004 F150. The dealer could not find it over 2 months of trying to figure it out, recommended I pay to remove and re-install the windshield. As I was at the Autoglass dealer...watching them change out another new F150 windshield, I noticed a "dead fly" inside the third brake light glass (mounted on rear roof of cab. Thinking on this ...I put the air conditioning on full fan setting in "recirculate mode" then used soapy water around the third brake light lens to find "bubbles" indicating air leaking seal around this light.
The water ran aong an internal L bracket (covered by headliner), down the side of the rear cab, along the tread plate tray that wiring runs through front to back in cab and collect in the low point of the drivers carpet.
I put a new light in... because you could not order just the seal. Once I replaced the light assembly the water leak stopped. What pissed me off was the dealer never figured it out.
Check your third brake light seal, use exterior grade clear silicone sealant around the light foam seal if you dont wish to replace the entire assembly.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Check this forum alot written and posted. The majority of the front carpet leaks are on the passenger front side behind right foot area. Pull off kick plate and around the VTM control unit bracket and plug holes that hold wire clips water gets in through these entry points. There is a foam block in the wheel / fender area that causes water to back up into this area on some trucks. There is a TSB on this - on this site. The dealer replaced my carpet and attempted to fix, I completed the repair myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts