Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Premium Member
2022 RTL-E HPD Black
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
White Light Automotive lighting Black Automotive design

Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior
Steering part Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design
White Light Automotive lighting Black Automotive design
Vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

I have a new RTL-E, less than 600 miles that is parked outside. Had almost 3” of fain last night. Found water on the charging pad and in the close by cup holder. See photos. Anyone have this issue?

· Registered
121 Posts
This is the third report of water leaking from the overhead console on a '22, but only two reports of water leaking from the rear so far.
Three, my 22 RTL-E leaked from the rear. Photo is of the area repaired on the bulkhead forward of the passenger side rear wheel. The black funnel looking thing is the sunroof drain.
Helmet Wood Automotive design Automotive exterior Art

· Registered
969 Posts
This early in the life of the truck? That's a take it back to the dealer and get a loaner type problem.
First, the OP states the truck is parked outside.
Second, the truck could have sat on the dealer lot for weeks/months under trees dumping leaves/pollen/needles/ect.
It doesn't take much to clog those small drain lines.

I would absolutely check that first, before dragging it to the dealership, for them to tear into your brand new truck.

· Premium Member
2022 RTL-E HPD Black
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Second, the truck could have sat on the dealer lot for weeks/months under trees dumping leaves/pollen/needles/ect.

I would absolutely check that first, before dragging it to the dealership, for them to tear into your brand new truck.
I got it 2 days after it arrived at dealer. But there was time out side ate mfg. waiting for hauler and the trip on the carrier.

drains look clean…no accumulated water in the tray.

· Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver AWD
1,041 Posts
Open the moon roof, pour some water in the moon roof tray and watch it drain down the front drain holes. Make sure the water is exiting the vehicle behind the front tires. If the water is not draining then the drain tube is clogged. if its draining but not exiting at the front wheels that the drain tube is probably disconnected.
The other common leak sources are the channels under the black trim pieces in the roof where the roof panel is joined to the door frames. The roof panel is welded to the door frames and sealed with seam sealer. If this seam isn't sealed properly water will intrude, run across the headliner and come out at the roof console if the truck is sitting at an attitude to allow that to happen. You can test for this leak by parking in the same spot where the leak occurred and pouring water into the roof rail that is on the "uphill" side of the truck as its sitting. This pic is my Pilot but the RL has an identical seam. How was the truck sitting wrt level when the leak occurred?
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

· Registered
2020 Sport AWD
250 Posts

You can absolutely do that if you wish. Many, including myself, would take that vehicle back immediately if I have that kind of problem within weeks of purchasing especially considering the QC issues the Alabama plant has had.

· Registered
969 Posts
You can absolutely do that if you wish. Many, including myself, would take that vehicle back immediately if I have that kind of problem within weeks of purchasing especially considering the QC issues the Alabama plant has had.
This is a fine approach, as long as you aren't particular about your brand new vehicle, and are OK with the likelihood of the service techs screwing something up.

· Registered
969 Posts
And if they do, they're on the hook to fix it. I'll continue racking up miles on their loaner.
I'd personally rather be in possession of my $40K+ truck, where I can use & take care of it to my standards, while it is parked safely in my garage.

Alternatively, you can turn it over to the (often clueless) dealership "techs" to fix the issue, where they often create other problems in the process, that may/may not ever get resolved to your satisfaction. All the while your truck is sitting outside in their lot, driven to McDonald's for the techs to get lunch, interior is torn apart, ect. In the meantime, you get the privilege of driving a used Civic loaner.

· Premium Member
2022 RTL-E HPD Black
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Open the moon roof, pour some water in the moon roof tray and watch it drain down the front drain holes. Make sure the water is exiting the vehicle behind the front tires. If the water is not draining then the drain tube is clogged. if its draining but not exiting at the front wheels that the drain tube is probably disconnected.
The other common leak sources are the channels under the black trim pieces in the roof where the roof panel is joined to the door frames. The roof panel is welded to the door frames and sealed with seam sealer. If this seam isn't sealed properly water will intrude, run across the headliner and come out at the roof console if the truck is sitting at an attitude to allow that to happen. You can test for this leak by parking in the same spot where the leak occurred and pouring water into the roof rail that is on the "uphill" side of the truck as its sitting. This pic is my Pilot but the RL has an identical seam. How was the truck sitting wrt level when the leak occurred?
View attachment 424889

· Premium Member
2022 RTL-E HPD Black
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Moon roof raindrops working fine. Will try inundation roof rack as you suggested. The truck was on a level driveway. The heavy rain was accompanied by strong winds coming from the back of the truck.

· Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver AWD
1,041 Posts
Do you have the accessory roof rack? If so I would be suspicious of the install causing a leak.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts