Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about to close on RTL and have been reading a lot about water leaks. Does anyone know if the problem has been solved at the factory end? or am I goint into a crap shoot buying this pickup? I own aa 2000 exterra and have not had one problem since I bought it new. I don't want to spend my time at the dealer with a bounch of small problems. These forums are great, but frankly I'm wondering if I should wait till 2007, maybe all the small issues will go away?

Thanks, Jay :confused:

G

·
lowrider90 said:
I'm just about to close on RTL and have been reading a lot about water leaks. Does anyone know if the problem has been solved at the factory end? or am I goint into a crap shoot buying this pickup? I own aa 2000 exterra and have not had one problem since I bought it new. I don't want to spend my time at the dealer with a bounch of small problems. These forums are great, but frankly I'm wondering if I should wait till 2007, maybe all the small issues will go away?

Thanks, Jay :confused:
Be sure to take the check list with you and look at every inch of the vehicle. Ask them to run it through the "laundry" to see if it leaks. If you want it, don't let sitting at the dealership change your mind. It's a vehicle that will cast a spell on you. :eek:

·
Registered
430 Posts
No leaks here.........don't worry about it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree with shingles, the percentages for problems are small compared to how many RL'S are out there. I have had no problems and have personally heard of very few from customers. If and or when you buy it, you will be glad you did.

·
Registered
88 Posts
How odd that this question came up today. I was just thinking about this issue this morning on the way to work and how we haven't heard much recently about it. I have to agree with Shingles. The percentages are small and you'll be amazed at what a great truck this is!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I have been to other forums and have read maybe 50 threads all bashing the Ridgeline as a result of water leaks, paint peeling on the bumpers, and with low tire pressure (beach driving) can't disengage the vtm and lock the differential. that could put one in tough spot when driving on the beach.

Other than those complaints, I had the dealer locate me the one i wan'ted right after I test driove it. Closing on it Tues. After I give it a "bath"

G

·
lowrider90 said:
Well, I have been to other forums and have read maybe 50 threads all bashing the Ridgeline as a result of water leaks, paint peeling on the bumpers, and with low tire pressure (beach driving) can't disengage the vtm and lock the differential. that could put one in tough spot when driving on the beach.

Other than those complaints, I had the dealer locate me the one i wan'ted right after I test driove it. Closing on it Tues. After I give it a "bath"
I had the water issue. Took 2 months to find it and fix it. New carpet from Honda is on the way, again.
I have the paint on the bumper issue which will be repaired next week.
I had the creaky steering wheel which went away after some time.
I don't know if I have wind noise because I thoroughly enjoy the heck out of my factory installed sound system.
I still have my Ridgeline and still get the same feeling driving it today as I did almost 6 months and 18500 miles ago.
I have 5 kids who are between the ages of 33 and 14 and they have more bumps, bruises and broken bones than I could even count and I still have them too. ( although sometimes I wish I could trade them in ) OH...DID I SAY THAT OUTLOUD!!
:D
My point??
If you like it( smile while shaking your head up and down ) - deal with it ( shrugg your shoulders a bit while still smiling). If not ( sigh ), you can choose something else ( sit up tall in your chair and say, yeah, that's right ).
That's the beauty of being an American. ( stand up and salute ) CHOICES!! :p

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone have water leak problem with the latest VIN numberS say 50000 plus?
My red ridge was just arrived today, Vin number in the 520000show much should I worry? Ive heard about early models with water leaks, but doesn't seem to a topic of conversation with the newer units?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Congratulations! I seriously doubt that you or anyone else in the past several months will have any problems. The water leak issue has been put to bed long ago. Don't worry, Be happy! Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Water leak rear floor

Found the same problem with water in my 4 week old Ridge. The rear passenger floor was all wet,not just damp.
I called the Dealership and will bring the Car for a check. Will see what happens. Keep you posted ......( I really hope there is a proper solution to that leak problem.):confused:

·
Premium Member
6,880 Posts
We bought ours five months ago vin# 521293 she has the paint peel (fixed), rear window wind whistle and is awaiting some rain to test for water leakage. It has taken weekly automatic car washings since it was new however with no leaks. It has been by far, the best truck I’ve ever driven. :)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I dont' know if I have any problems with my Ridgeline or not. It runs good and is comfortable, plus, it looks great what with all the detail work I do on it all the time. If there were any paint problems I would sure know about it. I bought my Ridgeline in May.

I don't know if I have any of the wind noise some have reported because I can't hear anyway and usually turn my hearing aids down when I am driving. The water issues do not exist for me because I do not take my Ridgeline out of the garage if there is a threat of rain and just washing the thing has not developed a problem.

I say buy it and don't worry about the problems as the percentage of those that have them are very small. Even if you should encounter a problem, Honda will make it right (eventually) and the having this great vehicle will be well worth the little bit of inconvienance you might encounter.

·
Registered
130 Posts
We just had our first big rain since we purchased our Ridgeline. The Ridge has a build date of 08/05 & vin is 2hjyk16566h533475. All is dry!!!!! Front & Back! WooHoo!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts