Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed since day one, that whenever I wash the truck, water seems to collect under that surround piece of the rear window where the 3rd brake light is, drip down and streak the glass when it dries. Is there supposed to be a seal between that three sided surround piece and the cab?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same thing on 2017 BE. Just have to wipe down again when I get home from the car wash after driving highway speeds for a few miles. SOP and a lot of cars have this issue, side view mirrors included. It's just extremely exaggerated on the RL imo.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Got the same thing on my 2019 After washing it I usually wait 5-10 min after the wipe down and see where the water escapes from the trapped areas.

Like @blentre said usually the 3rd brake light and the rear view mirrors. If you have the chrome door trim you might get a little water trapped behind it since it is bolt fastened and not double stick tape.

The body colored door guards are double stick tape fastened so if any water would escape ...it would only be on the edges.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts