Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounds like water is trapped inside the rear door (or something like that).
I can hear it slosh around at slow speeds.
Also after parking my Ridgeline for awhile, I have a wet spot centered about the middle of the front/back doors.

I searched here but did not see anything related to this problem.

On a side note - what is the latest on the plastic pulleys for the legs on the rear seats. One of mine don't fold up any longer, but I sure don't want to have it replaced just to break again.

2007 Ridgeline

·
Registered
105 Posts
On a side note - what is the latest on the plastic pulleys for the legs on the rear seats. One of mine don't fold up any longer, but I sure don't want to have it replaced just to break again.

2007 Ridgeline
search is your friend on the rear seat pulley topic... they have updated with metal replacements now

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,586 Posts
Rear seat pulley metal part number:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=616602&postcount=84

There is an excellent replacement thread with pics and instructions too:
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=592075&postcount=472
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=523199&postcount=263
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38695

On the sloshing water, I seem to recall hearing something about that, but don't recall the details. I'm thinking the door should have a drain that may be plugged up. Not sure exactly where it's found but you may have to remove the sill seal to find it.

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
Open each of the back doors and swing the back door back and forth. Do you hear any sloshing? Also check the bottom of the doors for moisture, dripping.

The gas tank is under the truck, in front of the rear axle, not too far from the rear doors. I noticed that I could hear the gas sloshing around when I had the windows down while going over some speed bumps the other day, perhaps this is what you heard?

Robert

·
Registered
286 Posts
The weep holes behind the lower door seals have a tendency to plug. Lift the seal and take a look. You may need to clean out the accumulated muck. Unfortunately, you have to make this check part of the routine maintenance. It is a design flaw on the ridge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you. Yes it was very sloshy on the drivers side. I emptied maybe a half to a pint of water on the passenger side, but about 2-3 quarts on the driver side, it was a gusher coming out and it took quit awhile to empty.

·
Super Moderator
22,586 Posts
Post up some pics of the drain hole(s) in the doors. Did you find them blocked by accumulated crud?

·
Registered
286 Posts
If it hasn't rained in a while and you back down a hill or incline and see water spot trails in front of your Ridge, you have water in the doors.
You don't have to have crud in the doors exactly, if there is crud in general under the weather seal, it forms a king of gasket and seals the weep holes. When you wash your truck, lift up the rubber weather stripping on the bottom of the door and clean/hose off the dirt.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Funny I just got a2013 Ridgeline Sport that's only a month old when I took off the rear door panels to replace the stock speakers I found the rear speakers were soaking wet and the plastic liner covered with condensation. Front door were dry is this something I need to address with the dealer. Bad door seals at windows or drain holes not working?

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
Funny I just got a2013 Ridgeline Sport that's only a month old when I took off the rear door panels to replace the stock speakers I found the rear speakers were soaking wet and the plastic liner covered with condensation. Front door were dry is this something I need to address with the dealer. Bad door seals at windows or drain holes not working?
Most likely, the door was open for a while and it rained while it was open, sometimes there will be water right below the door on the floor painted area as long as it makes out it should be okay.

Did it happen recently or a long time ago?

·
Super Moderator
22,586 Posts
I would definitely address that with the dealer. If for no other reason than to have it noted in your file... just in case.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Im fighting the same battle on my wifes pacifica. I had the water slushing back and forth. I ended up taking a piece of scotch tape off the bottom of the door and it was like taking the bilge plug out of a boat that was taking on water.. smh

·
Registered
30 Posts
Bought new 4 weeks ago, looking at the interior of the door you see a lot of oxidation and rust stains on he bolt heads. Never had door open during rain , but it has been raining heavily here almost every day in south FL

·
Registered
725 Posts
Bought new 4 weeks ago, looking at the interior of the do hetor you see a lot of oxidation and rust stains on he bolt heads. Never had dobor open during rain , but it has been raining heavily here almost every day in south FL
You do not have to have the door open during rain to get water inside. It will enter the door through the window seals. When you open the door the water inside should drain out through the drain holes on the bottom of the door. PS - We are getting hammered up here too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dealer looked at it today , said its normal to have a little moister in the door as long as its behind the moister barrier, it's ok.

·
Registered
438 Posts
had gallons in my 08 RT so far knock wood none in the 13

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, 1st time 1G owner and new to forums...I just spent a couple of hours cleaning the crud and nasty black water out of the drain holes in all 4 doors and spraying bleach on the weatherstripping to remove mold and staining...2008 RTL here with only 58K on it...sure appreciate this forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts