Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used Nu-Finish yesterday on my ridgeline. Probably not the greatest wax but easy to apply. Here is my question: the lower panels in the front and rear (including lower sides) are of a plastic material - not metal. Most waxes state clearly on the directions that you should not apply to plastic or vinyl surfaces. Is anyone using a different product for these panels? Or just applying the same wax regardless of the directions.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I think (and it's just my opinion) that means unpainted vinyl or plastic like on the unpainted crv bumpers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just tried the Long-Haul Truck Gloss spray detailer and let me tell you, this stuff is pretty awesome. It somehow repels dust in a way that I haven't seen from other products.

So you know, I used Klasse All in One, the the Klasse Glaze, then the Long Haul stuff. I will be trying the entire line of Long Haul products and will report back to the group.

Aloha,
Keoni

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just bought and used "Klasse" all in one. Used it on the paint, glass, and lights. Easy to put on and off. It was recommended by a local Harley dealer. Most likely have to buy it on line.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
I used Nu-Finish yesterday on my ridgeline. Probably not the greatest wax but easy to apply. Here is my question: the lower panels in the front and rear (including lower sides) are of a plastic material - not metal. Most waxes state clearly on the directions that you should not apply to plastic or vinyl surfaces. Is anyone using a different product for these panels? Or just applying the same wax regardless of the directions.
WARNING: DO NOT get Nu-Finish on ANY black plastic surfaces! It is a total PITA to get off!

My wife and I had a black Pacifica a while back, and it had quite a few black plastic surfaces on it...I assume to save on weight...and one of the first times I was detailing it, I accidently used a rag that had some of that Nu-Finish wax on it, to detail the black plastic on the vehicle. I noticed it part way through, but it was too late, I had hit about %25 of the plastic already. I didn't think too much of it at the time, as it didn't show but, as time went on, the NF turned white and, those areas I had accidently hit with the NF started to look like crap.

I tried friggin' everything I could find to get that stuff off and nothing removed it completely. I was washing/waxing that vehicle quite frequently and, every time I detailed it, I hit those areas with stuff like Mother's Back to Black. After about a year it came off to the point you could barely notice it.

Anyway, long story short, if you use the Nu-Finish, be VERY careful around black plastic areas. I would recommend dumping that NF in the nearest garbage recepticle and investing in some Turtle Wax Ice liquid or paste wax. The Ice is better than the NF and you dont' have to worry about getting it on the plastic surfaces...because you can actually use it to detail plastic/rubber surfaces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts