Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded in my Durango RT for a 2020 Ridgeline and am looking for some storage solutions. I used to keep a couple 32oz Camelbak bottles (about the same size as a 32oz Nalgene) in the door pockets of the Dodge, but the pockets on the RL are a good bit smaller. Has anyone come up with a convenient way to securely stow a 32oz bottle away from the cup holders (or even a small fire extinguisher within easy reach)?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
In all the Hondas I have had, none of them would take a 32oz. Nalgene/Camelbak bottle. Not even the Element. Honda just doesn’t get it.

That said, I do use a smaller volume insulated Camelbak bottle in the cup holder.

Some Element owners were using an appropriate sized PVC or ABS pipe reducer/increaser that accommodated both the bottle and cup holder.

·
Registered
2022 Ridgeline Sport
136 Posts
They make adapters if all you want to do is put a larger bottle in the standard cupholder (https://www.amazon.com/Swigzy-Holder-Expander-Adapter-Adjustable/dp/B0752DZ1SB), but you said you want to stow away from the cupholders.

Do the bottles need to be within reach? If not, grab a little 5gal tote (Project Source Commander Small 5-Gallon (20-Quart) Black and Yellow Heavy Duty Tote with Standard Snap Lid in the Plastic Storage Containers department at Lowes.com), and stow it under the back seat.

If it should be in reach, here's what I do. This is not RL specific (which is a plus for me so it can go from vehicle to vehicle), and it's probably not for everyone, but when I'm on a road trip, I like to use a "MOLLE" compatible seat back organizer. This isn't the one I have, but it's similar, and this one looks like it even has an option that comes with several pouches, including one for a water bottle: https://www.amazon.com/IronSeals-Organizer-Universal-Carabiners-Multi-Pockets/dp/B08QVNGHMB

I have one for both front seats and keep a pouch within reach for a water bottle on each side. I put a first aid kit on one and the other has a pouch with my little mirrorless camera and accessories. I also keep some various other things handy like a flashlight, mini umbrella, etc. I'm not sure, but you could probably secure a small fire extinguisher on one?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the links. I had thought about adding some pouches to the seatback.

I did grab several 13" Husky Tool bags from Home Depot yesterday for under $8 each yesterday. I can fit a fleece blanket and a couple 50oz bottles in each (have others set up as bags for tools, rain gear, and extra stuff).

I can also sling a messenger bag with water bottle pockets over the front seats on longer road trips without a front seat passenger if I need to easily reach stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts