Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 405 Posts

·
Community Manager/Admin
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Community Members,

Today during the migration process of the site to our new platform, we discovered an issue with converting images over. Since we know how important this is to your enjoyment of the site we want to ensure that all of this information appears correctly after the transition.

Since maintaining all the archived content within your community is of the utmost importance. Our development teams have addressed the missing images and we re-imported the data this evening to address the issue. We sincerely appreciate your patience.

~ RidgelineOwnersClub.com Community Support

·
Community Manager/Admin
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
With that being said we are very excited to announce that we are live from the new platform! We have been working hard over the past few months with leading design and product firm to deliver a cleaner, faster and more engaging experience for you and your community. We have leveraged XenForo tools and features but added layers of modern design and technology to make the site run faster, smoother and overall be more reliable. All of the valuable and informative content archived within your community is still here, even though the layout may look a bit different. Check out some of the new improvements:

Engage with your community wherever you are and on the go!

The site is optimized for all screen sizes, including mobile. All features are available and ready to use on all devices.

Speed and reliability are the foundation of this new platform.

No one should have to wait for information. This site has been built to be much faster and more reliable, period.

Easy to use and navigate.

We have made the design clean and simple to focus on the areas the community uses the most and removed the clutter. The collapsed menu by your profile avatar will provide easy access to the most popular topics as well as Showcase and Gallery to view the latest photos from your fellow members.

Show off your own collection.

We have introduced “My Showcase” for you to build and display images of your own collection or wish list to the rest of the community. This is your opportunity to upload often and share your passion!

Feel the pulse of the community.

Your home page now features the most active topics, viewed photos, recommended reading and top contributing members. This will help keep you the most up to date on what’s happening in your community.

These are just a few of the great new functions and features to try on the site. Please take a tour and look around! If you have any questions, please check out the HELP section for some quick FAQs about the new platform, Help Section

Please let us know what you think about the new experience, your feedback is important to us.

Thank you all for your support during this amazing journey!

~ RidgelineOwnersClub.com Community Support

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
1. After the initial change to XenForo but prior to the re-importing of data a few hours ago, the 'date stamp' on each post displayed the absolute date (e.g. "May 27, 2019 at 5:15 PM"); now the relative date is displayed (e.g. "3 days ago") and one must place their cursor on that to see the absolute date displayed.

Since it's obviously possible to display the absolute date (we saw it earlier today), would you consider toggling whatever it takes in XenForo to make that be the default 'post date stamp data display' rather than the constantly changing relative date which requires the extra step to see the absolute date?

2. The ability to edit old posts appears to have been changed (it was unlimited time to edit posts on this forum prior to the change to XenForo); what is the new 'post editing time window'?

I'd like to be able to restore the now missing image in this post which I now cannot edit it seems: https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/threads/gen1-vs-gen2-trans-temp-management.218434/post-3068434

The image originally in that post was an attachment in another post on this forum inserted by using the attachment URL which has now changed - I'd like to edit the post to insert the image with it's now correct URL (https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/attachments/redarc-controller-r-jpg.388008/)

3. The site search and the member messages (seen when clicking a member's post avitar then clicking messages within the window that pops up) seems to only capture content posted since the transition to XenForo (though the number of messages indicated for the member obviously includes the count of all messages through time). Will that be expanded to include 'pre-transition' content in search and member message list results?

Thank You for your consideration

·
Administrator
13,317 Posts
I also miss the button that gave you the last posts for the previous day (or 2 days, etc.).
Just click the "Trending Discussions" button (the blue lightning bolt/arrow button to the left of the "pencil" to the left of your avatar in the top right) then click "New Posts". This will show new posts since your last visit.

·
Administrator
830 Posts
1. After the initial change to XenForo but prior to the re-importing of data a few hours ago, the 'date stamp' on each post displayed the absolute date (e.g. "May 27, 2019 at 5:15 PM"); now the relative date is displayed (e.g. "3 days ago") and one must place their cursor on that to see the absolute date displayed.

Since it's obviously possible to display the absolute date (we saw it earlier today), would you consider toggling whatever it takes in XenForo to make that be the default 'post date stamp data display' rather than the constantly changing relative date which requires the extra step to see the absolute date?

2. The ability to edit old posts appears to have been changed (it was unlimited time to edit posts on this forum prior to the change to XenForo); what is the new 'post editing time window'?

I'd like to be able to restore the now missing image in this post which I now cannot edit it seems: https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/threads/gen1-vs-gen2-trans-temp-management.218434/post-3068434

The image originally in that post was an attachment in another post on this forum inserted by using the attachment URL which has now changed - I'd like to edit the post to insert the image with it's now correct URL (https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/attachments/redarc-controller-r-jpg.388008/)

3. The site search and the member messages (seen when clicking a member's post avitar then clicking messages within the window that pops up) seems to only capture content posted since the transition to XenForo (though the number of messages indicated for the member obviously includes the count of all messages through time). Will that be expanded to include 'pre-transition' content in search and member message list results?

Thank You for your consideration
1. Thank you for your feedback. I will pass this request onto the team.

2. There is a 24-hour time limit to edit posts. After that, you would need to ask a moderator/admin for assistance.

3. That information is still indexing and can take some time before it is complete. Let's give it some time and check back on this early next week.

I give up - where is this control panel? I can only find preferences under account settings. I also miss the button that gave you the last posts for the previous day (or 2 days, etc.).
How do I find my account settings/preferences?
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “account settings”.

Once you have click on “account settings” a new page will open. You can browse through the left side column navigation for the specific settings you are looking for.

How do I find new posts?
From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the trending button.

This will open a new page where you can click to choose “new posts”.

You can also choose to “mark forums read” on that same page.

Let me know if you need help finding anything else. :)

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts
I give up - where is this control panel? I can only find preferences under account settings. I also miss the button that gave you the last posts for the previous day (or 2 days, etc.).
It seems all threads “read” prior to conversion and said history is lost, but I personally don’t have any plans for another medical issue and associated 9 weeks off to read approximately 2000 threads to reestablish my read history and not have any “backlog” of unread posts.

Definitely confirmed that all "Previous knowledge" of having seen or read has been lost.. :(

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
3. The site search and the member messages (seen when clicking a member's post avitar then clicking messages within the window that pops up) seems to only capture content posted since the transition to XenForo ......

3. That information is still indexing and can take some time before it is complete. Let's give it some time and check back on this early next week.
- Cricket
OK, we'll be patient and hope the search database catches up.

4. Can you tutor me on how to do a 'multi-quote' reply to a post in this new format?

5. Another just FYI comment for your consideration … part of what's slightly irritating and confusing about learning the new forum is the inconsistent nomenclature; for example, in regard to 'subscribed' threads (old term), now they are referred to in some places as "followed" and in other places as "watched". Another is use of the term "User CP" (still mentioned in the new site FAQ) when that is no longer identified as such in the new format anywhere. Yeah, minor, but those things add up and make it a bit harder for some of us to figure it all out.

I'll offer (slight vent) that I'm not at all thrilled with the new look and feel but unlike the Escape forum this is my new vehicle enthusiast home so I'll 'deal with it' and keep plugging away here. Not because ROC is the only game in town for RL owners, but because ultimately it's the members, moderators, and the excellent content they produce that makes this place useful.

Hanging in there, old dog trying to learn the new tricks, thanks for your efforts and consideration :)

·
Administrator
830 Posts
OK, we'll be patient and hope the search database catches up.

4. Can you tutor me on how to do a 'multi-quote' reply to a post in this new format?

5. Another just FYI comment for your consideration … part of what's slightly irritating and confusing about learning the new forum is the inconsistent nomenclature; for example, in regard to 'subscribed' threads (old term), now they are referred to in some places as "followed" and in other places as "watched". Yeah, minor, but those things add up and make it a bit harder for some of us to figure it all out.

I'll offer (slight vent) that I'm not at all thrilled with the new look and feel but unlike the Escape forum this is my new vehicle enthusiast home so I'll 'deal with it' and keep plugging away here. Not because ROC is the only game in town for RL owners, but because ultimately it's the members, moderators, and the excellent content they produce that makes this place useful.

Hanging in there, old dog trying to learn the new tricks, thanks for your efforts and consideration :)
4. Let's say you are in a long thread and you want to reply to more than one post, click reply on each of those post (you will have to scroll back up) and at the bottom, it will add each one that you clicked reply on in the content. Not ideal, I know, but it is something we have added to the feedback.

5. Yes, I agree that we need to make sure things are consistent. I will pass on this feedback.

I agree 100% that it is not the platform that makes the community. It's the people!

I am an old dog learning new tricks too! :)

- Cricket

·
Registered
13 Posts
In the previous infrastructure It was easy to review new/update threads just for the particular forum (G2 in my case). It seems that the new posts capability lists ALL new posts to the whole forum. Is there a way to limit the new posts to a particular sub-forum?

New things are a PITA but I understand change. Still trying to navigate and understand the new GUI.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
4. Let's say you are in a long thread and you want to reply to more than one post, click reply on each of those post (you will have to scroll back up) and at the bottom, it will add each one that you clicked reply on in the content. Not ideal, I know, but it is something we have added to the feedback.
- Cricket
OK, slightly cumbersome but that worked much easier than a bunch of copy>paste, thanks!

·
Administrator
830 Posts
In the previous infrastructure It was easy to review new/update threads just for the particular forum (G2 in my case). It seems that the new posts capability lists ALL new posts to the whole forum. Is there a way to limit the new posts to a particular sub-forum?

New things are a PITA but I understand change. Still trying to navigate and understand the new GUI.

Thanks,
Gary
There is a way to filter new posts, but it doesn't look like there is a way to filter by specific forums.

Maybe bookmark that specific section?

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Trying to not complain too much but if you can re-institute display of member vehicle info in the left panel of each post (year & model at least, color seems less important than FWD/AWD since many models are available with either) populated from user profile page info IMO that would be useful and appreciated 'instant context' for posted comments.

I see that member location is displayed when we hover over the avatar (y)

As always, thanks for your efforts and consideration. :)

1 - 20 of 405 Posts