Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had to drive through a huge mud puddle on Saturday. Well actually I had to have Todd do the dirty work. :D
We weren't going fast. We went in, went down and came up and heard an awful noise. We both got out and ran to the back of the truck and the Ridgeline plug in the hitch hole was gone and the plug box for the trailer lights was cracked. Oh geez..... did I ever get the eyebrow. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Sorry about that. The plug can be replaced, right? What about the cracked box? :(

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ridgerbarry said:
Can you show a photo of the rear- tow hitch and plugs?
other than your hitch cover is everything else ok?

the mud on the tires looks fun!
Thanks
Sure ..BRB :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Think you were told the Honda Ridgeline wasn't built for off-road four wheeling...if not, now you know!!! Just had to get my "digs" in before you are actually able to hit me.;)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nicholas said:
Think you were told the Honda Ridgeline wasn't built for off-road four wheeling...if not, now you know!!! Just had to get my "digs" in before you are actually able to hit me.;)
Oh..and you think I'm going to forget these digs between now and 11/05 do you??
Not on your life buddy. :D
And besides, if I grow up and start listening to what I'm told, I'll get old. :)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rtboy1961 said:
Murphy"s Law >>>> ITs deeper than it looks.
Ya know..that must a man thing not a murphy's law thing cuz that's EXACTLY what Todd said to me before I said to him, "what's the matter, afraid of a little mud?" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Uh, maybe you should listen to Todd more often? You don't have to do what he says, just restate it like it was your idea in the first place. :D

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Webwader said:
Uh, maybe you should listen to Todd more often? You don't have to do what he says, just restate it like it was your idea in the first place. :D
Hey..great idea Tom..thanks my friend. I'll try that on him. ;)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Ultra-HOG said:
If you got stuck, who would have to get out to push?
Wait! I thought you could'nt get stuck with a Ridgeline?:D

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
One of the big drawbacks with the Ridgeline's off road capability, in my opinion, is the really poor angles of arrival and departure, especially the latter. Adding the tow package only exaggerates the problem. I wouldn't be surprised to see some modified bumpers appearing on the market at some point, especially for the front where winch kits may be a desirable addition. That said, the lack of low range may deter any serious modifications by off-road enthusiasts.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tex's Ridge said:
Wait! I thought you could'nt get stuck with a Ridgeline?:D
Oh..She didn't get stuck...came through nice and clean without hesitation..just messed up her belly a bit on the way through...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
ladyridge said:
Oh..She didn't get stuck...came through nice and clean without hesitation..just messed up her belly a bit on the way through...:rolleyes:
I think you missed the posts leading up to that comment, concerning who would have to push if you had gotten stuck (which you didn't).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts