Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 RL and the air doesn't seem to come out the vents like other vehicles we have owned. Is this normal for the RL?

It's about 80 degrees in MN today and the airflow could barely keep up on the low setting. Fan is loud but you can't feel the air. I am worried that the vehicle will be too warm in Summer when it is 90-100 degrees.

I use the auto climate control. Fan blows the same way in manual as well.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts
No that doesn't sound normal. What the fix would be, not sure. I guess you could take it to the dealer and see if the recall for the HVAC wiring was completed. I know there are relay issues related to the HVAC system too. Maybe search 'RELAY' in the search on the blue banner, not the one in white in the middle of the page.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
Check the condition of the cabin air filter. You'll have to drop the glovebox (squeeze the sides) to access it.

Chip H.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,269 Posts
Wow, OK I change my CAF every June so I guess I've never let it get that bad.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Wow, OK I change my CAF every June so I guess I've never let it get that bad.
But unfortunately, some owners don't even know there IS a cabin filter. Not that unusual... I don't know if OP is one of those. It's not like it's all that obvious if you haven't read the OM or other maintenance information.
Some folks just take it into a local garage & ask to get the "service" done.... which would include fluids.... but while most of those independent garages would likely check the engine air filter... it's not beyond suspicion at all that many of them would not know or think to to check the cabin filter.
So it will be interesting to know if that's the case for our OP here. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts