Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TMac and others,
The best way to keep up with the weather forecast for the St. Louis area is to go to the following website: www.weather.gov/lsx, then from the left side menu, select forecasts, local forecasts, text products, zone forecast product, then scroll down until you see the group valid for St. Louis. This product is only valid seven days into the future, so starting tomorrow (Friday), this will be the most accurate product to stay on top on what's expected in the St. Louis area. It is updated at least twice every 24 hours. Looking forward to meeting everyone. :)

P.S. - Weathermen do it with crystal balls. :D

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Fri
Aug 3 Mostly Sunny
92°/72° 10%

Sat
Aug 4 Mostly Sunny
93°/72° 0%

Pasted from the Weather Channel's 10 day forecast

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is alot of good information out there, but you can't blame me for putting in a plug for one of our sister offices, can you? By the way, for any of you who have checked out the website I provided last evening, the first forecast for Friday, August 3rd will show up in this afternoon's package which will be out by 3:30 PM CDT. By 3:30 PM CDT tomorrow afternoon, the forecast for Saturday, August 4th will be there, and so on. For those of you showing up on Thursday, the information is already there. Later.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
I like the link you furnished, a good point is that it does not knock you off the forum when you click on the link.:)

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
My computer sometimes does not want 2 internet sites open at the same time.:confused:
Sounds like you have a browser (Internet Explorer?) problem, not a website problem. Did you fairly recently download Microsoft updates? I would check the Internet Explorer options. while there clear out your cookies, temp files, etc. They can accumulate to scary levels.

·
Registered
11,306 Posts
Sounds like you have a browser (Internet Explorer?) problem, not a website problem. Did you fairly recently download Microsoft updates? I would check the Internet Explorer options. while there clear out your cookies, temp files, etc. They can accumulate to scary levels.
Will check it out. Think maybe a new puter might help. Had this one about 5/6 years. When I was working, our company gave us a new one every 3 years.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Will check it out. Think maybe a new puter might help. Had this one about 5/6 years. When I was working, our company gave us a new one every 3 years.
probably not needed if you are just web surfing and some other applications.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like the St. Louis forecast for the weekend will be partly to mostly sunny skies with temperatures in the low to mid 90s. I will work on keeping the dewpoint at or below 70. If that doesn't work, pray for a decent breeze. :)

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
Looks like the St. Louis forecast for the weekend will be partly to mostly sunny skies with temperatures in the low to mid 90s. I will work on keeping the dewpoint at or below 70. If that doesn't work, pray for a decent breeze. :)
you did good kid! ;) :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Since we are already at the beginning of the 2007 ROC meet, I don't know how many people will see this, but previous data indicated that this coming weekend was gonna be hot and dry. Well, due to a slight pattern shift in the upper levels of the atmosphere, it may not be dry all weekend after all. Without going into a long explanation, if an individual were to go to the website I provided in my earlier thread and click on everything I mentioned, it would cause confusion, because they have a local policy at the NWS office in St. Louis that if they expect less than a 30% chance for precipitation in the 4th period of the forecast and beyond, it won't show up in the zone forecast product. It just so happens that they now have a 20-25% chance for showers and thunderstorms Friday night and Saturday, but since they are the fourth and fifth periods of the current forecast package respectively, it isn't in the zone forecast product. Therefore, to see the actual gridded data, go to the same website, under the forecast header along the left side of the page, select local area, then under the graphical products header, select national digital forecast database: graphical products. That way you can see the raw gridded data. Sorry to be so long winded.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
I could have summed up the weather much easier than NOAA....

It will be skin-melting during the day and at night will drop to F'ing hot :D :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
Better last weekend than this weekend!!! 100+ temps not including heat index.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts