Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that when I have my driver side window open about 2 to 3 inches and I go over a bump in the road or I'm on the highway traveling at 50 MPH or so, the window will move back in forth in the door slot (between the vinyl or rubber weather stripping) and make an annoying noise. My Dealer tells me this is normal for the Ridgeline. He checked other Ridgelines in the lot and they too had play between the window channel. I think the pieces were not installed properly and that's why there's so much play and sound coming from this area. Also the material looks cheap to me. The front passenger side doesn't seem to have the same problem.

Any ideas? Would replacing the pieces that the window slides up and down between fix the problem?

·
Registered
544 Posts
My passenger side window has a fair amount of play when it's down a bit. It'll bounce around a little over bumps. The driver side not as much.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
It is designed with movements in mind ( but not too much though...YMMV :wink: )...too stiff will be prone to break/shatter with any pressure...etc.

aside from the soft tube like around the windows perimeter...there are also harder plastic material that the windows hit against...though the noises.:nerd:

I rarely experience this but do from time to time...usually small bump are nothing...truck bounce up/down...but when bumps are bigger and causes the truck to sway from side to side...then I would get some of those tap, tap noises....and I know it's the hard plastic. ( actually investigates this months ago, and shook the windows and pinpoint the source.:nerd:)

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
My passenger side window has a fair amount of play when it's down a bit. It'll bounce around a little over bumps. The driver side not as much.
The windows are curve shapes... different opening heights will yield different amount of play.:nerd: .... from mid point on it's curved ? :smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts