Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used the WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors. Their website makes them look very interesting because the deflectors are in channel and clear or as they say "optically transparent". I have had the smoke ones on my other trucks and they were ok but I think clear would be neat to have.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had them for years on my CRV. I emailed them a while back on the Ridgeline:

Thank you for your interest in MacNeil Automotive.

We hope to have mats assigned to this vehicle within the next 2-3 weeks.
Also, other WeatherTech Items are currently under development. These
products include Side Window Deflectors and the Sunroof Deflector.

For more information contact us at 1-800-441-6287.

Then later:

Hi, it's been quite a while and still no sign of Ridgeline products on
your site..
What gives?

------------------------------------
We still do not have items for that Ridgeline available since it is a newer vehicle. It will probably be a few more months before we have any other information on the items.

If you have any further questions, feel free to call us at 1-800-441-6287.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the clear visor get in the way?

I will email them myself and see if we can convince them there is enough interest for them to provide items for the ridgeline.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Check out the Eclipse by Lund on Amazon.com (search under honda ridgeline). I installed these the other day and the fit and quality are great, especially at $58 shipped for all four windows. They are smoke colored, however, they can be painted to match the color of your truck (I don not know if they come in clear). The Lunds are very good quality and easily installed and they are indeed "in-channel" design. Much cheaper and much easier to install than the Honda visors. Search under Lund and you'll find a thread where I discussed the install process.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I also have the weathertech window visors and they were a breeze to install. I have had no issues with them, I got the tinted ones .

·
Registered
3 Posts
i've got the weathertech vent visor that offers a permanent solution. instead of installing using tape, it slips into the weatherstrip channel in door. you just pull out the weatherstripping, slide in the weathertech vent visor, and press the weatherstripping back into place. there’s no tape to loosen or become detached over time...the nicest thing about a weathertech vent visor set is that the build quality and installation method is far superior to anything the competition has to offer, yet the weathertech vent visor costs about the same amount!:)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
A couple months ago one of my rear deflectors took flight while driving and I never found it, yesterday while driving down the highway I heard this horrible clatter from the left rear window and then the deflector flew off and came into the window and landed on the seat. They are in channel type. I think that I will have to go to a better brand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 2019 Ridgeline RTL and I tried a set of the Wade brand window deflectors and they self destructed the first time I rolled the windows up. Literally shattered. It's July so temp wasn't the issue. I returned those and got a set of Weathertech. The rear ones are pretty snug but I cannot get the front ones into the window channel. The seem about 3/8" too long. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've got a 2019 Ridgeline RTL and I tried a set of the Wade brand window deflectors and they self destructed the first time I rolled the windows up. Literally shattered. It's July so temp wasn't the issue. I returned those and got a set of Weathertech. The rear ones are pretty snug but I cannot get the front ones into the window channel. The seem about 3/8" too long. Anyone else have this issue?
Wow - was wondering about these for my 2019 RTL. I think I'll sit on the Idea a while until I read about some more success.

·
Registered
2017 RTS White
283 Posts
Glad I bit the bullet and had the dealer install the OEM guards when I bought my RL 2 years ago.. Just recently installed Weather techs in my wifes 2017 CRV and am pleased with them..

·
Registered
2 Posts
After sanding around 3/16" off the front ends I was able to get these in and they look ok. Not a perfect fit as there's a little rubber nub on the window trim ( a drip knob perhaps?) and an indentation for that nub on the deflector that aren't even close to matching up but you can't tell unless you're right next to the vehicle. They're not coming out easily and the window functions so I'm calling it done.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts