Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone install these yet? If so any problem with the windows after install?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Anyone install these yet? If so any problem with the windows after install?
Got them for Christmas. Installed.
And made it a month before I took them back off.

They make the window channel extremely tight and the motor frequently could not fully seat them. No water would get in but much wind noise, also they interfere enough with the aerodynamics that they make additional noise outside the window - this is most noticeable above 40-45 mph

I have left the rears installed as I have no rear passengers and I find them useful to keep the back windows cracked in hot weather when I’m parked outside.

In hindsight, would not buy or receive again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition
195 Posts
I have the AVS version as when I bought them they didn’t offer the Weathertechs. I found that my visors took a while to fully seat and I also apply lithium grease to my windows every few months to keep them sliding easily. For some reason the Ridgeline has always had trouble with grabby window tracks even before I put the AVS in channels in. Now that everything works well and my windows don’t catch I love mine and I have window tint. Keeps the truck cool because I can roll all the windows down slightly in the summer.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! That is what I was thinking would happen after looking them over. Not a fan of the on the door ones Honda has either.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Love them...but I think they are discontinued.

I installed and didn’t roll down window for 4-5 days. After that “mold” in period. No issues going down or up.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E (Modern Steel Metallic), 2013 RTL (Dark Cherry Pearl)
1,358 Posts
I bought AVS in channel vent visors and followed the 3-5 day no roll down procedure. Not a problem with them and never had a window kick back down after rolling over the device. They do increase wind noise a bit at speed, but most likely notice that because this truck is SO quiet.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
We installed the Honda visors, no issues after installation completed!
Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts