Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the weathertech roll up tonneau cover? I thought I was going to get a diamondback se, but the weathertech one seems to be aluminum slats with a vinyl covering and a lot cheaper. It is a but unclear how it installs, how easy it is to remove or how secure/waterproof it is. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks
My wife and son bought one for my 17.. he installed it in 1/2 hour.. I've been liking it since he put it in.. no leaks that I've seen.. like you said earlier it's also much cheaper than the others

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with the weathertech roll up tonneau cover? I thought I was going to get a diamondback se, but the weathertech one seems to be aluminum slats with a vinyl covering and a lot cheaper. It is a but unclear how it installs, how easy it is to remove or how secure/waterproof it is. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2021 black edition
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My wife and son bought one for my 17.. he installed it in 1/2 hour.. I've been liking it since he put it in.. no leaks that I've seen.. like you said earlier it's also much cheaper than the others
Thanks. That helps. Did it require cutting anything or just replacing screws? How secure is it? I'm not necessarily looking for Fort Knox, but enough for a casual thief to keep walking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I looked around a lot and ended up going with a tri-fold that looks VERY much like the weathertech tri-fold. It had free shipping, was quite easy to install with common hand tools and is made by Lomax. I purchased it from Auto Accessories Garage and shipping was about 2-3 days. There is a very small leak when going through the car wash and gully washer rain storms. I believe it occurs where the bed rail has a small 3/8" or so groove on both sides near the front of the bed (not sure what its purpose is). I am very pleased with the cover and it is easy to remove in needed. Have a look at:
Cheers.
The Weathertech is a re-branded Lomax. I bought the Lomax and used a small tab of RTV in the grooves in the top rails and have no leaks after two years.

·
Registered
2021 black edition
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The Weathertech is a re-branded Lomax. I bought the Lomax and used a small tab of RTV in the grooves in the top rails and have no leaks after two years.
Good to know. So look for the better price between the two. What is RTV?

Thank you.

·
Registered
Obsidian Blue Pearl 2021 RTL-E
24 Posts

·
Registered
Obsidian Blue Pearl 2021 RTL-E
24 Posts
I believe all RTV will be waterproof, regardless of color (or lack thereof).

Some appear to be geared more toward high temperature applications or oil resistance, but really I think they're all pretty similar.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E, Pacific Pewter
106 Posts
Forward tie downs CANNOT be reinstalled (these pictures ended-up in reverse order — it’s too much trouble to rearrange them here) — but you can see why they can’t be reinstalled (because of the flair in the cover bracket between the screws).
Just installed my Revolver X4s, and I was able to flip the front tie downs upside down. The brackets that came with mine didn't have that flair - unless I made a serious error installing them, which Im now going to double check though nothing flew off during a short drive.

You might be able to get for new flat brackets...?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts