Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the weight capacity of the rear seat?

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Would the load be across both seats in the rear?

Interesting question.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I'm with rollin on this one. The question begs some additional clarification.

I would think the seat structure could hold up to a 1000 pounds or more if it were well distributed. Seats up? Then we are relying on the inherent strength on the RL frame and floor. In either event, I would not personally exceed 1000#. Or whatever the total load capacity of the truck less the driver and fuel etc.

With a short legged driver and passenger, I can imagine two or three burly dudes sitting back there that could approach or exceed 800 to 1000 pounds. Hard to imagine that much gear fitting in the back seat. Maybe if one were transporting cinderblocks.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm with rollin on this one. The question begs some additional clarification.
Right, we have a handicap son that weights 420#. As soon as she saw the tube bar, she said it wouldn't be strong enough and would easily break in time. I understand that it also attaches at the hinge joint, but she raised a genuine question.

So, I'm wondering if Honda has a seat weight capacity.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,048 Posts
That's a very good question. The most weight I've ever had in the back were three of my friends at once who are larger. Total body weight was likely around 800lbs. There was no problem with that, so I think you'd be ok to have your son back there. Those support legs are pretty stout.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great to hear IanRTL, thanks :)

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
With the easily accessible space under the seat, I'd say that it's ripe for custom reinforcing to give full confidence. Best wishes for getting the right solution for your son.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Of course if you don't plan to raise the seat(s) to be used, reinforcing it should be easier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts