Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got to pickup a load of pellets for my stove. Bags weigh 40lb. I was wondering what the group thought would be a “safe” weight to put in it. Paved road, hour trip. My concern is the plastic bed and tire capacity.

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
4,123 Posts
Honda recommends 1100lbs for the bed itself, so i would say that that would be a "safe" load.

Folks have hauled in excess of 2000lbs for short distances (~5 miles). With that being said, I'd have no problem carrying 30 bags (1200lbs) for an hour drive. Add a few lbs of air to the tires and you could probably add on a few more bags.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that’s kinda what I was thinking 25-30 bags. Better safe than Firestone sorry!

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
With my mediocre understanding of tire load capacity, I think the maximum load rating is calculated with the tire at the maximum cold inflation. As Longboat suggests, check your tire pressure.

·
Registered
290 Posts
With my mediocre understanding of tire load capacity, I think the maximum load rating is calculated with the tire at the maximum cold inflation. As Longboat suggests, check your tire pressure.
That's my understanding as well. However, as long as the tires are the OEM tires and they are inflated per the recommend pressure on the door jamb sticker you should be safe within the load limits on the sticker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts