Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got studded winter tires (Les Schwab Wintercats - same size as standard tires) put on about a month back (and boy have we needed them!).

I have noted a minor issue when using lane keeping. The truck does not seem to keep the lane as smoothly as with the regular tires for some reason. It still works, but seems to be less solid in lane keeping than with the standard tires. It is not a major difference, very subtle, but wondered if others have seen similar things with studded snows (on bare pavement) and an RTL-E or BE?

My theory is that the studs maybe be just slightly "catching" on minor irregularities and porosities in the pavement and that may be the cause but that is just a wild-assed guess.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I would assume it's the studs pulling the car a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
My theory is that the studs maybe be just slightly "catching" on minor irregularities and porosities in the pavement and that may be the cause but that is just a wild-assed guess.
You have answered your own question totally ! :wink:

a flat soft surface will always be more forgiving than multiples pointy contacts :wink: :grin:

on the opposite side...I "think" the result is opposite if you were to drive on snow covered road instead of clean/dry pavement. :|

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Been buying Les Schwab tires for 55 years. I'd take them back and trade them in for Toyo Observes. I'll bet the walnut shells in them won't bother your G2. After one winter with their studs about 50 years ago, I switched to their Observes for winter here in the NW. I also think that you will find they will outperform your studs on ice. I use them every winter.

Hey, it's all the Zamboni drivers use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts