Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new here, I have an 06 Ridgeline and today while picking my son up from school I noticed the radiator fan was stuck on, even with the key completely removed from the ignition. I also noticed that when I turned the truck back on the temp gauge read Hot but after a few seconds fell all the way to zero and stayed there for the rest of my drive. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi all, I'm new here, I have an 06 Ridgeline and today while picking my son up from school I noticed the radiator fan was stuck on, even with the key completely removed from the ignition. I also noticed that when I turned the truck back on the temp gauge read Hot but after a few seconds fell all the way to zero and stayed there for the rest of my drive. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be
A couple of questions:
1. Have to checked the coolant level?
2. Do you still have the original radiator and thermostat?
3. How many miles on the car?

If the fans are running after the engine is turned off, the engine is running too hot. They will stay running until the engine is cooled down. There is a good chance that if you still have the original radiator, it is or about to fail.( This is a well document issue) If you use the search function, you will find a lot of information on this issue.

·
Super Moderator
22,570 Posts
Ditto the coolant level check. Sounds like your coolant is low or empty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts