Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this weird whirring sound that only happens when my steering wheel is turned to the max and i accelerate. See video:

What could it be?

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,399 Posts
I couldn't really tell from that video. There was a lot of wind noise.

Typically, noises that arise from accelerating from a stop while turning indicate worn VTM-4 fluid. What is the maintenance status of your Ridgeline?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I couldn't really tell from that video. There was a lot of wind noise.

Typically, noises that arise from accelerating from a stop while turning indicate worn VTM-4 fluid. What is the maintenance status of your Ridgeline?
Unknown, ill change it to see if it improves. It probably was never changed.

·
Super Moderator
23,399 Posts
What year and trim level Ridgeline do you have? How many miles? Totally unknown service history? Would be a good time to do a complete fluid and filter change to establish a maintenance baseline. Just sayin'. ;)

·
Super Moderator
23,399 Posts
I got the car a couple of days ago. Its a 2006 RT with 300k km. First thing I did was this :p View attachment 404038
So that's the oil and filter, most likely. How about the tranny fluid, rear diff (VTM-4 fluid), transfer assembly (hypoid gear oil), engine and cabin air filters, coolant, power steering fluid?

Do you know if the TB/WP/spark plugs/valve adjustment, etc. has been done? Is the radiator OEM?

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,899 Posts
As I mentioned in the previous thread, you may want to check on the Power Steering fluid and change the high pressure hose O-ring while at it.

Also, get down under the truck and look at the front and rear joints of the propeller shaft. If the U-joints have rust on them and you grab them and move them, if there is too much play, then you would have to change your propeller shaft as well. There is an aftermarket unit for less and you can change it in your drive way, with just one front wheel off the ground.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So that's the oil and filter, most likely. How about the tranny fluid, rear diff (VTM-4 fluid), transfer assembly (hypoid gear oil), engine and cabin air filters, coolant, power steering fluid?

Do you know if the TB/WP/spark plugs/valve adjustment, etc. has been done? Is the radiator OEM?
Valve adjustment has been done. The rest illl have to do them as i have no idea. Whats TP/WP?

·
Super Moderator
23,399 Posts
Valve adjustment has been done. The rest illl have to do them as i have no idea. Whats TP/WP?
Timing Belt/Water Pump.

Reactions: Ramie
1 - 14 of 14 Posts