Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-T
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grille Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Any one get a spot like this on their interior trim on the dash? And if so is there a way to get rid of it?!? Was cleaning her out last night and noticed it....thanks in advance!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,549 Posts
I would try 91% rubbing alcohol first and then something like Goof Off or GooBeGone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it's the weirdest thing....never noticed it before, not the end of the world I know but I'm pretty anal when it comes to keeping my interior pristine!

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,893 Posts
Just don't rub too hard when cleaning the area, it will take the finish right off. Like the section around the push button start that wears off over time.

Reactions: Pex15

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes...that's what it looks like, crazy!!!!!!! Thanks for the help!!!!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is there a way to cover it up or blend it in so it's not so obvious?!?!

·
Administrator
20,054 Posts
I'd just go buy another 77220-TG7-A01ZA $60 trim piece from the local Honda dealer then tell my passengers to be more careful when using hand sanitizer. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is it hard to replace or something I should leave to the experts?!? 🤔

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That looks like way to much work....thought maybe there would be a plastic marker or something on the market to make it look less noticeable?!?! Most of the time it's just me in the truck, but I don't like it!!!!!!!😥

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I got a nasty hand sanitizer mark/run between the shifter and drink holder from a pump/squirt bottle. Guess it got hot from the sun, expanded and a drip ran down the plastic. Replaced that pump bottle with a squeeze bottle.

·
Administrator
20,054 Posts
That looks like way to much work....thought maybe there would be a plastic marker or something on the market to make it look less noticeable?!?!
"Touch-ups" by owners often result in an even more noticeable blemish.

Know anyone who is good with airbrushing? If so, they could mask off the upper and lower part of the dash, find a close match, paint over the blemish, and blend/feather a few inches on either side so any slight color different isn't noticeable.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts